Chapter 37 - Recuperate

Tiffany's PoV

I watched as Liliana did her physical therapy with the help of an old friend of hers. Liliana has been quite cheerful after knowing she wouldn't be able to walk like she used to again.

At first, Liliana was quite solemn, and she refused to eat for a few days, but miraculously, on the fourth day, she came out from her room and asked for a bowl of porridge from her mother. Sara was happy when she informed me of Liliana's progress.

When I visited her, she asked if she could meet a friend who could help her regain some of her confidence again. I agreed immediately because it's the only thing I can do. It doesn't matter what sort of words of encouragement I utter; Liliana has to suffer, and I am powerless.

But seeing her regain her smile and laughter is what I aim for. Luckily, my family understands what I'm going through, and they are pretty supportive in helping Liliana as well.

"Tiff-"

I smiled at Liliana when she called for me.

"Is there anything I can do to help?"

Liliana's friend smiled before offering her hand.

"You must be Tiffany. I heard a lot of things about you."

Oh-

"I hope all the good things."

Liliana chuckled.

"Of course. Liliana speaks only the good things about you. Anyway, Liliana has a few more sessions with me. So here is the next appointment. And that's all for today. See you again, Lily. And nice to finally meet you, Tiffany."

I smiled and kept the appointment card inside my handbag.

"Aren't you busy?"

Liliana asked as I pushed her wheelchair.

"Not really. Why? Is there anything I can do for you?"

I asked as we were leaving the hospital.

"Well, I wondered if you're down to have lunch together. I'm hungry. But if you're busy. It's okay."

I smiled.

"I'm not busy. Do you want to have lunch at our favorite place?"

Liliana nodded. I helped her enter the car before keeping the wheelchair in the trunk. When I returned to the driver's seat, Liliana was talking with someone. She mouthed 'mom' before I gave her a nod and drove towards our favorite lunch spot.

It seems like whatever Sara had said to her daughter made her upset. Should I ask what happened? Or should I keep driving?

"What's wrong?"

I decided to ask anyway.

"My father came to see my mother and begged her to accept him back. I don't know what happened, but my mother let him stay at our new home without consulting me, Janet, first. I know for sure Janet will not be happy. What should I do?"

I see.

"Tell Janet in advance before she gets home. That way, she wouldn't do anything that she might regret later."

Liliana nodded before she called Janet and told her what happened. When we arrived at the cafe, Liliana apologized when I helped her out of the car.

"Please don't apologize. There's nothing to be sorry about. So please, don't worry about it."

Liliana smiled before she took my hand and kissed it.

"Thank you- for being here and supporting me throughout this journey. I don't know how to repay you for your time and kindness. You have the power to leave me be, and yet you're here, telling me that everything will be okay. I-"