Chapter 23 - Hawaii

Third person PoV

Liliana was shocked when she saw her mother and little sister suddenly appear out of nowhere as she celebrated her birthday. She couldn't hide her tears of excitement when she hugged her mother and sister before thanking Tiffany for the surprise.

"Happy birthday, Liliana."

James and Reina Astoria, Tiffany's parents, with their future daughter-in-law before handing their gift to her.

"Oh wow- even Mr. and Mrs. Astoria are here. I'm sorry for such a display. I couldn't contain my excitement."

Reina smiled as he hugged Liliana.

"It's good to cry with happiness. Right James?"

James Astoria nodded.

"I'm curious about Tiffany's new girlfriend, but it seems she made a good choice this time. And you have a noble career in the medical field. Not only that, but you also run a free clinic. That's admirable."

Liliana blushed as she wiped the tears off her face.

"Thank you for the compliment, sir."

James laughed.

"Sir? Why don't you call me James or, better, papa?"

Tiffany sighed.

"Dad! Please don't embarrass me! You promised! And we never called you papa."

James smiled before patting Liliana's shoulder.

"I'm hungry. Shall we eat now before my daughter kills me?"

James jokes before following his wife to introduce himself to Liliana's mother.

"When did you have the time to plan all of this? I never knew you would be this cheeky. I didn't expect my family to be here. Thank you- it's been a while since we gathered together like this."

Tiffany smiled.

"You're welcome. And happy birthday."

Tiffany placed a little box on Liliana's hand.

"What's this?"

Tiffany smiled and said,

"Open it."

Liliana did, and she was confused to see a key in the box.

"A key?

Tiffany chuckled before she leaned closer to Liliana.

"A key to my heart."

Liliana blushed as Tiffany pulled away from her lover. Tiffany finds it amusing to see how red Liliana has become.

"It's a key to my home."

Liliana gave Tiffany a confusing look."

"What do you mean it's the key to your home?"

Tiffany shrugged her shoulder and said,

"Well, we're partners now, are we not? Isn't it normal for couples to have their significant other's house key? Or was it just me? Anyway, that key is yours. It's easier to catch me if you think I'm bringing other people into my house."

Tiffany gave Liliana a wink before Sara, Liliana's mother, took Tiffany somewhere to talk privately.

"Tiffany, I'm sorry if my question seems rude, but as a mother, I can't let my daughter be used again. So, are you sincere with my daughter? What are you planning to do with her? Will you waste her time and energy just like George did, or will you appreciate and gives her the opportunity and benefit she truly deserves?"