Chapter 9 - First Dinner

Tiffany's PoV

"That was not what I had in mind. Hey boss, will you let that man do whatever he wants? I don't see why we have to oblige to his demands. He's no longer part of the company, and that man didn't even try to be nice to you, the chairwoman." Janet has a point. I stopped in my track before looking back at the building we were just in.

"I will destroy that man's life, and I will also make sure that he won't be able to bounce back from shame." Janet opened the door to the driver's seat for me before she went to the passenger seat.

"But boss, that man is a close friend to Lord Astoria. Will you be okay?" My father would likely throat a tantrum for doing something stupid, but the man started it first.

"I don't care." I need to think of something else. Perhaps,

"How is your sister? I heard she took a couple of days off." Janet sighed.

"My sister is getting better, but the experience was enough to shake her to the point of not eating. But today, I saw her join us for breakfast. So I guess she's getting better." That's good to hear.

"What is the deal with her ex-boyfriend? Why is he obsessed with her?" Janet sighed yet again.

"My sister has been paying everything from house rent, cars, even monthly living expenses for the man. Perhaps that is why he's bitter that my sister decided to end the relationship. It's toxic! And he has never cared or appreciated what my sister had done for him. Our parents were happy knowing my sister finally opened her eyes to see how atrocious George was. But we didn't expect him to do such things to her." I kept my eyes on the road while listening to Janet.

"Hey, boss, where are we going?" Janet asked as I made a turnaround.

"Let's pick up your sister and have dinner together. A friend of mine opened up a new restaurant by the beach. Perhaps a little outing might be a way to cheer her up." I, for one, know how terrifying it is for someone to deal with such an experience.

Even though I tend to forget what happened, sometimes, whenever I'm alone, I often think back to when I was kidnapped by a group of people who wanted to get back at my father for what he did. Of course, I couldn't blame them for what they did. Those people have no idea what is happening, and they're just the victim of someone else's greediness.

When we arrived, I asked Janet to get her sister while I waited in the car. As I was scrolling through my phone, I saw a couple of neighbors start to appear out of nowhere, waiting at the edge of the gate. I decided to get out of my car and greet the neighbors.

"Oh- you're a woman?" Huh?

"This morning, I checked; yes, I am a woman. Do you expect a man to come out from the car?" I asked sarcastically. The neighbors gave me a look before whispering to each other. This is why I rarely spoke with my neighbors.

"Oh, good evening." Janet and Liliana smiled at their neighbors before walking toward me.

"Janet, who is this person, if you don't mind us asking." Janet turned and smiled.

"This person is my boss and also a close friend of mine. We're going out to dinner." The neighbors hummed as they continued to watch us enter the car.

"What was that?" I asked as we drove towards the beach.

"It's normal for neighbors to ask who and where anyone is going since we have been living next to each other for years. Sometimes they're like our overly protective parents, and we have joined parties sometimes." Oh, I see.

"I never talk to my neighbors. They're too intoxicated to care." Liliana doesn't seem to be enjoying herself like I hope she would. But perhaps it'll change once we're at the beach.