Chapter 29 - Grandparents

Liliana's PoV

"Liliana? Oh my God! Is that you?!"

Huh? Why can't I remember who this person is?

"Don't tell me you didn't remember me! It's me! Jenny! You know- Jenny Miles!"

Jenny Miles? Oh- that Jenny. I remembered. I think we went to the same high school.

"Jenny- how long has it been?"

I smiled as we continued to talk about what happened after graduating high school.

"Are you married to George now? You two are like two peas in a pot."

I chuckled.

"We broke up not too long ago. I'm with someone else now. And he is with someone way better than I am. I heard he's with a successful businesswoman now."

Jenny felt bad for reminding me of my ex.

"It's okay. What about you? Are you married?"

Jenny nodded.

"My family arranged it, but luckily I got a decent husband. What are you doing here? Are you waiting for someone?"

Before I could answer Jenny, Tiffany got out of the ladies' room while attracting much attention to herself. Seriously, can't she deem her coolness just for a little bit? Everywhere we go, that woman made it her mission to gather everyone's attention without even doing anything.

"Sorry for the long wait. That spicy Korean fried chicken was the cause."

I smiled at Tiffany before introducing Jenny to her. They shook hands and exchanged greetings.

"Tiffany is my partner."

Jenny was shocked. It's always funny to introduce Tiffany to my acquaintances. Why? Because no one would think I would go the other way around. I have always been with George, and everyone knows that. So everyone who knew George and I broke up was surprised.

Well, from my last relationship, I know that it doesn't matter if you have been together for ten years; if one of you decides that it's time to move, it's over. In my case, I was betrayed, and the moment that man raised his hand for his own sake, I knew I had to get out.

I've been a fool for years, but because everyone told me it was okay, I stayed. But how long do I have to live behind his shadow? With Tiffany, she would make sure that I have my own time to shine without ridiculing me.

Before meeting Tiffany, I always thought that people like her only looked at how much money you have and what sort of family you came from. But I was wrong. Tiffany's acquaintances have never once commented on my family background like  George's so-called friends are. 

That proves that George chooses the wrong type of people to be friends with.

"Oh- the boutique is ready for us. We should go. It's nice to see you, Jenny."

I hugged Jenny before bidding my goodbyes to her. Tiffany offered her arms for me to take as we walked toward the boutique.

"Tell me again, why do I have to be here?"

Tiffany chuckled.

"My grandparents are coming to town, and they would like to see you officially. Don't be nervous. They good people- I think."

Wait- that doesn't sound convincing.

"You think? Tiff, you're not close to them?"

Tiffany shakes her head no.