●Trauma & Comfort (Pt.2)●

(TW: Guns, Blood and Injuries. Please don't read if uncomfortable.)

18th July, 2022

It was just a fine day in Daegu, the Choi family was getting ready to go to work and school. It was Not Peaceful as I'd like to say. 

"Choi Soobin hyung!" Beomgyu shouted, literally running downstairs. "Where's my science notebook?! I need it for my class today!" 

Soobin shrugged from where he was sitting on the couch. "I don't know what you're talking about."

Beomgyu had his hands on his hips now, copying his mother from when she would scold them. "You're sulky because I snitched on you to mom, right?" 

Soobin, evilly chuckled, while he raised his eyebrows. "You're right." He said as he got up from the couch. 

Beomgyu, dramatically, fell onto the floor. "Why did I get a brother like him, God?" He pleaded. 

"Be grateful!" He heard Soobin's voice from the kitchen. 

"Kids," Mr. Choi called as he walked downstairs, jiggling his keys. "Ready for school?" 

Beomgyu whined. "Hyung took my book, I don't know where it is." 

"Soobin," Mr. Choi turned around to look towards his older son with a done face. 

Soobin sighed. "Fine, I'll get it." He said as he walked away, muttering something about the disadvantages of being the older sibling. 

✿✿

"Want to have a movie night?" Mrs. Choi suggested, that night, after dinner. 

Soobin grinned. "Yes!" 

"Which movie?" Mr. Choi asked, grabbing the TV remote. 

"Horror." Beomgyu suggested, smug smile on his face. 

"Absolutely not!" Mrs. Choi's voice came from the kitchen. "You two are way too young for watching horror. We'll just put on a comedy movie." 

Beomgyu whined. "You both are no fun! Jae-ro's parents let him watch horror movies!"  

"Well, they're dumb." Mr. Choi rolled his eyes, getting up to turn off the lights. 

An hour into the movie and the kids were already fast-asleep. They had already been covered with blankets. Mr. Choi was on the verge of falling asleep when suddenly, he heard some few loud voices. 

His eyes shot open, he turned to look towards his wife, who looked back at him with confusing eyes, seeming as if she heard it too. "What was that..?" She asked. 

Mr. Choi shrugged. "No idea." 

They both ignored it until a few minutes later, it came again. It was louder than last time. 

"I don't think it's nothing..." Mrs. Choi said with an uneasy voice. 

Mr. Choi nodded. "I'll go see it from the kitchen window." He said as he got up, still not turning on the lights. 

And what he saw outside the window, scared his soul out of him. 

It was dead man, laying in his own pool of blood on the road, in front of their house.