●Cuddles●

(TW: Panic attacks. Please don't read if uncomfortable.)

18th July, 2022

Taehyun sighed as he heard a few knocks on their main door, forcing him to get up from the warmness of his bed. He took heavy step, walking downstairs to get to the door. 

He's currently home alone as his parents were out on a date for their wedding anniversary. Well, Taehyun technically forced them to go on a date since according to him, their dates consisted of binge-watching crime shows the entire day. And it's boring because they always drag their son with them, leaving them with no privacy. 

So, Taehyun thought that it was a good idea to send them out on a romantic dinner. 

'God, I hope they just don't end up fighting over the bill and come back home with sullen faces.' Taehyun thought as he saw his parents getting into their car, finally, leaving for their date. 

Back to the moment. Taehyun opened the door to find Beomgyu, who was seemingly shaking. He tilted his head, confused. "Hyung?" 

Beomgyu gave him a small smile, pointing towards the sky. "It's going to rain, heavily, tonight and I don't have anyone with me at home? Can I come in?" 

Taehyun nodded, opening the door wide for the older to enter. He closed the door. "Where is Soobin hyung?" 

"Went over to Kai's house to watch a new season of anime. They also dragged Yeonjun hyung over with them." Beomgyu chuckled, walking upstairs. "He was complaining about how he didn't understand any shit."

Taehyun shook his head with a smile. "Yeonjun hyung is just so damn whipped." 

Beomgyu gave him a confused look. "For whom?" 

Taehyun smirked. "For Soobin hyung." 

"Wait what-"

✿✿

The sky already turned gloomy after a few hours, the clouds were in gray as it drizzled, softly. 

Taehyun and Beomgyu were laying on the younger's bed, re-watching one of their favourite dramas for the fifth time. 

Beomgyu didn't mind the drizzles, finding it relaxing actually. However, just at that moment, the thunder roared loudly, making Beomgyu freeze from where he was about to press on the keyboard button. 

Taehyun tilted his head, confused at why Beomgyu stopped in his tracks, all of a sudden. "You okay?" He concerningly asked, taking a look at Beomgyu's hands, which started shaking. 

"I-I'm fine," Beomgyu nodded with a smile, which wasn't so convincing. But Taehyun dropped it since the older looked very shaken. 

'Hold it in, Choi Beomgyu.' The voice in his head tried to remind him as he watched the drama. However, it wasn't working. He could feel the flashbacks, coming back in, again. 

All of a sudden, the loud noise of the thunder came back again, seeming as if it was enjoying the pain, it is been causing Beomgyu. 

That's it. He couldn't hold it in anymore. He felt his heartbeat, increasing per second, hand, violently, shaking as the tears welled up in Beomgyu's eyes. He felt cold. His arms and legs were shivering despite the hoodie he had worn. He could feel the familiar pit in the back of his stomach, which he hated. The nauseous feeling in his guts, leaving a bitter taste on his mouth.

And it seemed like Taehyun had noticed it, again. 

He always did. 

Taehyun immediately placed the laptop away from Beomgyu, pulling the thick blanket up till their hip-bones so that it covered both of them. He slowly took Beomgyu's hands before warming it up with the heat. He, then, turned off the lights as he knew how over-stimulated Beomgyu felt when the lights were on when he was having another panic attack. He pulled Beomgyu's hood over his head. 

"Hyung," Taehyun called out, softly, grabbing Beomgyu's attention. "Can you breath for me? Take slow breaths as gently as you can, through your mouth. Breath in and out." Taehyun instructed, still warming Beomgyu's hands. 

And it seemed to work like it always did. Beomgyu could feel his heartbeat going back to its normal rate. "Close your eyes and focus on your breathing." He heard Taehyun say. 

And he did just as he was told, trying his best to focus on his breathing, taking a note on the vibrations of his heart. A few minutes later, Beomgyu was okay but not as okay to be completely out of it since the nauseous feeling and the feeling of wanting to destroy everything was coming back to him. 

"What are the five things you can see?" He heard Taehyun's question, now completely focusing on what he could see. 

"Laptop, n-night lights." Beomgyu took a deep breath as he continued each word. "Blanket, chocolates and h-headphones." 

Taehyun nodded. "Good job. What are the four things you can touch?" 

Beomgyu thought for a moment, shaking before replying. "Y-Your hand, blanket, laptop and my clothes.." 

"What are the three things you can hear?" Taehyun asked, cautious of the things, he was asking. 

"R-Rain, cats and the AC." Beomgyu replied, tightening his hold on Taehyun's hands, unknowingly. 

"Two things you can smell?" 

"Wet soil and s-shampoo." 

"One thing you can taste?" Taehyun asked, smiling to calm down Beomgyu and it was kind of working. 

"Bitterness..." 

"There we go," Taehyun clapped, softly. "You did it. I'm proud of you." 

Beomgyu nodded, feeling the headache coming in. "Can you h-hug me?" 

Taehyun nodded, a faint smile on his lips. "Of course, I can." He said as he wrapped his arms around Beomgyu's shoulders, pushing them both down on the bed so that the older could sleep. He rhythmically, patted Beomgyu's back, which made the older, unknowingly, smile. 

"Do you wanna sleep?" Taehyun asked, feeling Beomgyu's nod. "Okay then, take a good nap." 

"You'll be with me, right? Even when I wake u-up?" Beomgyu asked after a few seconds. 

"Of course, I will. Always." Taehyun smiled, carding his fingers through Beomgyu's messy locks. 

✿✿