●Rains & Algebra●

28th June, 2013

Taehyun sighed as he propped his elbows on the dining table, leaning his chin on his hands. He looked at the gloomy clouds and the dark skies outside the window, his homework, long forgotten on the table. 

"Looks like someone is sad. Just like me." Taehyun ruffled his hair, glaring at his math homework. His page was filled with Algebra and he wasn't understanding anything! The worst part is that his mom wasn't even with him at the moment to help him out as she had started her new job! 

He was all alone in this stupid world. 

Until, he heard the doorbell of the main door go off. Taehyun flinched, was there a bloody murderer at the door? He knew he shouldn't have watched that crime movie with Soobin hyung! 

Taehyun, shaken, turned to look towards the door. He slowly, took steps towards the door, light on his toes. He grabbed the old baseball bat, which his dad used to play baseball with during his high-school times. He positioned the bat in his hands, fingers curling around them, tightly. 

Taehyun placed his hands on the doorknob, taking a deep breath, opening the door and immediately screamed in the face of the boy, who was wearing a black hoodie with a hood over his head and a horror mask. 

Taehyun didn't realize how loud he had screamed that the boy screamed in terror too! He was just about the smash his dad's bat on the stranger's head but the boy held the bat in his hands, just the second it was about to hit his head. 

"Bloody hell?!" Yeah, Taehyun re-watched Harry Potter two days ago. "You murderer!" Taehyun screamed, he didn't care if his dad's precious bat got any scratches from to how badly Taehyun was shaking it. 

The boy, hurriedly took off his mask. Taehyun took a deep breath of relief to find out that it was just Beomgyu. "The hell, Beomgyu hyung? You scared my soul." He hit his hyung on the head, this time, with his hand. 

"Ouch!" Beomgyu whined. "I was just trying to make sure that you weren't scared since you boasted about how you didn't get scared easily." He smirked, seeing the flustered look on Taehyun. 

"Oh, shut up!" 

Just at that moment, the sky roared loudly, making Beomgyu flinch. 

"Oh?" Taehyun looked at the sky, above and it was indeed raining. "Hyung, you wanna come inside? I don't think it's so safe for you to walk back home." 

Beomgyu nodded, his body shaking. "C-Can I?" 

Taehyun nodded, taking a note of Beomgyu's sudden flinching and shaking. Actually, he had noticed a lot of times that Beomgyu used to flinch whenever there was a storming rain. 

Taehyun held the door wide for Beomgyu to come in and so did the latter did. The sky, once again, roared loudly, making Beomgyu fall onto the floor. 

Taehyun turned around after locking the door as he heard a thud, gasping when he saw his hyung on the floor. "Hyung, are you okay?" He bent down, worriedly, grabbing Beomgyu's arm. 

Beomgyu waved his hand in front of Taehyun's face, trying to tell the shorter that he's okay. However, it wasn't working since Taehyun still had that worried expression. "I'm fine." 

Taehyun rolled his eyes, trying to get Beomgyu on his feet so that the older could at least sit on the couch. "Yeah, and I'm Mr. Oh's cheating wife." Taehyun mentioned their math teacher, whose wife was cheating on him. Apparently, it spread to the entire middle school. 

Hearing this, Beomgyu immediately bursted into laughter, clutching his stomach due to how hard he was laughing. Taehyun looked at him with fond eyes, happy to know that he made his hyung laugh when the older was on the verge of crying. 

"Hyung, do you want water?" Taehyun asked, once Beomgyu calmed down. 

Beomgyu nodded. "Please." He said as he saw Taehyun disappearing into the kitchen. He rubbed his hands on his arms, trying to calm himself down. 

"It's okay, Beomgyu. You aren't there, anymore. You've left that place. You're much more happier with your family, Soobin hyung and your friends." He muttered, trying to calm himself down. 

A few seconds later, Taehyun returned with a cold glass of water, handing it over to Beomgyu, who gladly accepted it before gulping it down. 

"Hyung," He said as he sat down the couch, next to Beomgyu. "Do you want to talk about it?" 

Beomgyu smiled but it was a strained one. He placed the glass down on the coffee table, in front of him. 

"Maybe, some other time." 

✿✿

- I'm going to start with my new book, which is called 'Pretend'. It's a Taegyu one so yeah, I'm excited!!