●Taehyun's Birthday Party●

5th February, 2011.

"Happy Birthday, Taehyun!" As soon as he entered his classroom, these were the words that were greeted to him. 

Taehyun gratefully smiled. "Thanks, guys!" He said as he thanked the trio. 

"You better invite us." Jake scoffed but ended up getting a smack on the head from Jay. 

"You can't just say that!" Jay exclaimed. "It's his choice whether he wants to invite us or not!" He scolded Jake, who pouted. 

Taehyun grinned. "Don't worry, Jay. You three are invited!" He continued. "Don't forget the gifts, though!" 

The giggles died down when they saw the teacher entering the classroom. She smiled before greeting the class. 

"Oh no-" Taehyun ducked his head down, hoping that he would go unnoticed by the teacher because he hates standing in front of the class, not being able to do anything because the class would be singing the birthday song to him. 

It's really awkward! 

However, his friends were huge snitches. 

"Ms. Lee!" Sunghoon called out from his seat. "It's Taehyunnie's birthday today!"

"No chocolate for you, Park Sunghoon." Taehyun muttered under his breath from his seat as he awkwardly lifted his head from the desk. 

Ms. Lee smiled. "Let's greet the birthday boy, shall we? Come on, Taehyun-ah!" She motioned Taehyun to come forward and to stand in front of the class. 

 As he stood in front of everyone, he could feel everyone's eyes on him. He gave them an awkward smile before the class started, loudly, singing for him. Extra loudly to let the other classes on the floor know that they will be receiving chocolates. 

As the song was about to finish, Taehyun took a look towards his friends, who were laughing at him. Especially Beomgyu. 

Taehyun smiled. This was one of the rare times where Beomgyu showed his toothy-smile and honestly, Taehyun loved it! He just wished that Beomgyu would show it often. 

As the song finished, the teacher popped the question. 

"Would you like to distribute chocolates?" 

Taehyun nodded. 

"Choose your partner." And so he tried to decide as he roamed his eyes around his surroundings, confirming it on Beomgyu. 

"Beomgyu, please!" He turned towards Ms. Lee, who nodded and called out for Beomgyu. 

"Beomgyu? Please come out." She called out, making Beomgyu's eyes go wide. He didn't expect to be called out. He slowly got up from his chair before walking towards Taehyun, who gave him a big smile. 

Few minutes passed as Taehyun was distributing the chocolates among the children. As he walked towards the trio, he gave two pieces of the sweet to Jay and Jake but walked passed Sunghoon, who pouted. 

"Taehyun!" He whined but got a glare in response. 

"Shut up," Taehyun rolled his eyes, tossing two chocolates towards him. 

✿✿

"My dear husband," Mrs. Kang sarcastically called out to her husband, who was watching the news on the TV. 

Mr. Kang closed his eyes in regret. 'God, I knew I shouldn't have turned on the TV.' The voice in his head said. 

He slowly turned towards his wife, who had a smile on her face, which showed frustration. "Yes, my dear wife?" 

"What did I ask you to do?" Mrs. Kang raised her eyebrows. 

"To buy a cake...?" Mr. Kang nervously smiled.

Mrs. Kang nodded. "I don't see a cake in this house. All I see is a lazy man, lazing around the house. So, listen to me and get the fuck up!" She exclaimed. 

Mr. Kang immediately got up, obeying his wife's orders and giving a quick kiss on her cheek before leaving the house, not noticing the blush on her face. 

"Stupid." She shook her head with a smile. 

✿✿

"Where's my chocolate?" Yeonjun said as they entered their neighborhood. 

Taehyun smiled, apologetically. "Sorry hyung, but they got over..." 

Yeonjun gasped. "I'm going to steal your mickey mouse pillow!" He threatened. 

Taehyun's eyes widened in surprise, pointing a finger at the older. "Don't you dare-"

He was cut off by Mr. Kang, who chuckled. "Yeonjun, you can have half of the cake, okay? Don't fight." He said as he pulled over to their garage. "Now get off!" 

The five kids nodded before hurriedly getting out of the car to run towards Taehyun's house, aware of the surprise, unlike Taehyun, who was oblivious to everything.

He rang the bell of the house for three times before it was opened, by itself? It's true! No one had opened the door, it just opened on its own!

Maybe, Taehyun shouldn't have read that horror storybook...

"Why is it so dark in here?" Taehyun questioned the others, who shrugged, trying to hold in their laughter. 

"Mom? I'm scared-" He was cut off by the lights turning on, all of a sudden. The view of colorful banners, mickey mouse standee and balloons, popped into his vision. 

Taehyun smiled as he saw his grandparents standing there too. He hasn't met them in months! He quickly ran towards his grandparents, who had their arms open for a hug. 

Only for Taehyun to run past them to be in awe for seeing the mickey mouse standee. 

"I'm hurt." Taehyun's grandfather placed a hand on his chest, scrunching his face. 

Taehyun giggled and turned around, giving his grandparents the tightest hug he had ever given! 

"I'm joking!" 

And just like that, the party was an insane success. 

✿✿