●Trauma & Comfort●

18th July, 2022

Taehyun sat in the dark silence as he hugged a sleeping Beomgyu, much to the older's request. He had been siting for a while, staring into the wall. 

'What could hyung have possibly went through for him to go through such panic attacks?' Taehyun thought, lifting his eyes to look towards Beomgyu, who had beads of sweat on his forehead due to the warmness of the blanket. 

Seeing this, Taehyun grabbed the AC remote from his nightstand to decrease the temperature so that the room could be a little more chilly. 

He had just gotten a call from Soobin, an hour ago. The older had asked if his brother was alright, adding more confusions in Taehyun's brain. 

Sure, he had always been comforting the older for his panic attacks, ever since he was twelve. But, up till this date, he doesn't know what triggers it. Is it because of the thunder? Darkness? 

Who knows?

Taehyun made a mental note to ask about it to the older. 

His thoughts were crashed when Beomgyu grumbled, opening his eyes as he looked around. "What time is it..?" He said, voice hoarse. 

Taehyun took a look towards the digital alarm-clock on his nightstand. "One am." 

"Oh damn," Beomgyu said, sitting up to rest his back against the head-board of the bed as Taehyun watched him. 

"Hyung," Taehyun asked after a few seconds of silence. "Can I ask you something? If it means to not trigger your boundaries?" 

Beomgyu nodded, motioning the younger to speak. "What is it?" 

Taehyun formed his lips in a straight line. "What causes your panic attacks, hyung?" The younger saw how Beomgyu froze in his position, the sweat on his forehead not going away as his eyes were unfocused. 

Immediately, Taehyun spoke up. "It's fine! It's completely fine if you don't want to talk about this. I was just curious." 

Beomgyu shook his head, waving his hands in the air. "Don't worry. The question just caught me a bit off-guard." He assured the younger, who was unconvinced. 

"Do you want me to tell about my trauma?" Beomgyu chuckled but anyone could point it out that it was fake. 

Taehyun nodded. "Only if you're comfortable with it..." 

Beomgyu nodded, pulling Taehyun closer to him to wrap an arm around his shoulder. "Well, this is a long one..." 

✿✿

A seven-year old Beomgyu, laughed as he saw the debate going on between his parents. His giggles died down and morphed his face into a confused one as he heard his dad, speak out a weird word. 

"Bullshit! Mint-chocolate remains superior!" Mr. Choi argued, pointing a figure towards Mrs. Choi, still unaware of his cursing. 

"Mint-chocolate is fucking disgusting!" Mrs. Choi smugly smiled, leaning onto her chair, also unaware of her cursing. 

"Bullshit...? Beomgyu repeated with a confused hum. 

The parent's eyes widened. "Beomgyu, you can't say that!" Mr. Choi said with widened eyes. 

Beomgyu tilted his head. "Why?" 

"You just can't!" 

And at that moment, a loud voice from upstairs interrupted them. "SHIT!"