12. SHARVARI

The early sun is shining through the window. I blinked few times and frown upon seeing the unfamiliar room. And then it hits me suddenly. I'm married now. Sharvari Vihaan Oberoi. All the events from yesterday start replaying in my mind.

Last night when I shut the door on his face, I felt so good. He was behaving like a jerk all the time and I couldn't take it anymore since I started having a headache. Then I changed into my night suit and doze off to sleep. I was so tired that I instantly fell asleep.

I check the time and it shows 9 in the morning. I need my chai to start my day. I look around myself and notice that this room is pretty nice. Its painted in light colour and has a balcony. I enter the bathroom and starts showering. After fresh up I changed into a plain red suit. Though I don't wear Indian much but it still is my second day of marriage. I don't want to upset Shesha aunty for some reasons. I keep my hair open and wear my nuptial chain and vermillion. I know this is temporary marriage but it still is sacred for me. I will not do anything that will tarnish its value.

I look at myself once more and step out to lock my room

I look at myself once more and step out to lock my room. Just when I turned, I bumped into a wall. The said wall is actually my husband whose muscles are so rigid that it felt like wall.

Pheww. He looks sexy in his black kurta and pants. Pity he is an asshole.

"Well look at you husband. Colour co-ordinating with your soul." I say sweetly.

He gives me once look over and narrowed his eyes.

"Why are you dressed up like a new bride?" he asked.

"Maybe you can consider the fact that I am actually a new bride"

"But this marriage is fake so you can stop your drama." He retorted.

"My dear husband. I'll do whatever the fuck I want. Next time think twice before commenting on my choice."

"You need to learn controlling this mouth of yours. It will get you into deep trouble." He says with clenched jaw.

"Newsflash honey. I am the trouble. So don't work up your brain thinking about my good." I say flipping my hair and moving towards stairs.

I descend the stairs and hear soft prayer coming from left. I move towards that side and see Shesha aunty doing aarti and singing prayer. My eyes fill up with water. Mom also used to do prayer every morning. I remember her teaching me some verses and me ringing bell while she did the pooja. I wipe my tears when Shesha aunty turns toward me. She smiles sweetly and offer me aarti and prasad.

"How are you beta? Did you sleep well at night." She asks softly.

"Yes, Aunty I slept peacefully. Thank you for your kind behaviour. I know you all despise my family but still you speak with me softly."

"I know that you are not like your family. And I'm sure Vihaan will also see this one day."

I just smile as I have nothing to reply. I don't know how much she knows about the agreement and I don't want to give her any false hope.

"Good morning maa Arush" said while hugging her mother.

"Morning bacha" she says hugging her back.

"Good morning, Sharvari. I am Arush as Neil has already told you. Nice to meet you." He says looking at me.

"Good morning Arush. Nice to meet you too." I say smiling.

"Hey mom good morning" says Shivansh hugging her mother.

"Hello Sharvari." He says nodding his head at me.

"Hello Shivansh"

Shivansh is so much like Vihaan but more closed off while Arush has more welcoming personality. But they both have calculating eye like they notice your every move. Shivansh reminds me of Sarthak.

"Maa help!!! Bhai is beating me." Neil shouts running towards us. His cloth is fully drenched and he has been chased by Vihaan.

"Maa see bhai is assaulting me. First, he threw bucket of cold water on me while I was completing my beauty sleep and now, he is beating me" Neil whined while hiding behind his mother.

"Vihaan what are you doing? Why are you beating Neil." Their mother asked Vihaan.

"Mom first this twat trashed my room with God knows what kind of shit. I couldn't sleep because of all types of weird smell." Vihaan replied.

"Told you that was a bad idea". Arush said looking at Neil.

"Bad idea!!! Maa I just decorated bhai room for some romantic vibes. And instead of thanking me he is assaulting me." Neil says pouting.

"And who told you for romantic vibes genius. There is nothing romantic going on. So next time don't even think of doing something this dumb." Vihaan said coldly.

"Enough Vihaan. Everyone sits down for breakfast." Aunty told sternly but it still sounds too soft.

Everyone start sitting at table but I didn't move from my place. This is not my place. They are Vihaans family. I don't deserve sitting with them when this marriage is fake.

Just when I'm about to leave Aunty voice stops me.

"Sharvari where are you going? Come have breakfast first."

"Umm aunty I can have it outside. You don't have to worry about it." I say showing my best fake smile.

She walked towards me and held my hands and started taking me with her to the table.

"Nonsense. No one in this house eats outside when food is made for them. You will also eat with us now." She says to me.

"Leave her maa. Its not like she is our family member." Vihaan says coldly.

"She is a family member. And don't you dare start with your contract marriage gibberish because for me marriage is marriage and Sharvari is my daughter-in-law. No one will act badly with her." She says holding my hand. I feel my vision getting blurred but I didn't allow tears to form. She is taking stand for me even though my family did wrong with her. I don't deserve her love but I promise myself that I will never hurt her and try my best to take away her pain.

"Yo maa your order is our command. Come Bhabhi sit beside me." Neil says while pulling out chair for me.

"Thank you, Neil."

Everyone starts eating their breakfast.

"I am leaving for the office. Bye maa." Vihaan says kissing his mother forehead.

"I am also leaving I have to meet my client so I will come home late." Shivansh says while kissing his mother temple.

"Shiv wait. I'll come with you." Arush said doing the same thing as his brother.

"Neil what about you? You have college to attend. Go get ready." Aunty scold Neil lightly.

"Yeah maa going going" Neil left with his juice.

"Is Shivansh a lawyer?" I asked aunty.

"Yes, he is a lawyer. Vihaan and Arush work together but their field of expertise are different. Neil is just completing his college." She explained to me.

"Aunty I am going outside for few hours as I have some work that needs to be completed. I'll be back after some time."

"You don't have to tell me everything beta. You can go anywhere and anytime."

"Thank you, aunty. Bye."

Now its time to complete my next task.