Four

Re- entering his room, Janessa could see how frantic Mike was, fear taking charge of his whole being. She marched towards his bed and proceeded to massage his shoulders. Oh honey, I am here now, she said embracing him, your mom will be okay, that I promise. Marcus just arrived but he went with the ambulance. Mike, I am truly sorry.

Mike could not contain his emotions. Wrapping his arms around Janessa, the tears escaped his eyes, running down his cheeks. What is happening to the people I love? he thought. How could Desi even betray me like that? Trying to dismiss the pain he felt, his arms tightened around her; he felt a sense of comfort in her presence. She had been there for him since his attack. How could he not see that side of her these past three years? Heck, he barely spoke to the woman and they were neighbors.

Its okay Mike, I got you. Im here and I wont let you go.

Meanwhile.

The throbbing pain in her head made her nauseous. Opening her eyes, Desi saw that it was already nightfall. Her apartment was in complete darkness. Who closed the blinds? She tried to recall the past few hours. When did I fall asleep? she began to question herself. Raising herself into a sitting position, Desi began to feel around in the darkness, she felt confused. When did she even get into bed? Slipping her feet over the edge of the bed, she began to raise herself, cold concrete bringing her to a halt. What the fuck? Where did my carpeting go? she thought. Shockwaves seeped through her mind.

Desi was becoming frantic, she needed to find her light switch. Fumbling in the dark, she tripped over what felt like shoes, her head slamming in a wall. She went down with a crash. Desis eyes began to close when she saw a figure appear with a flashlight. Her lashes fluttered into unconsciousness.

The staff at Caves Creek Memorial Hospital briskly went about their daily task, making sure not to bump into each other. Marcus paced about the waiting area, anticipating an update on his wifes condition. He stared out the third-floor window upon the small town, his thoughts in disarray.

Mr. Scott? a voice sounded behind him. Marcus turned to see a man in white coat, a slate in hand.

Yes, sir?

I am Dr. Robinson and I will be attending to your wife today. He extended a hand for Marcus to shake on.

A worried look crossed Marcus face. How is she doing? Please tell me my wife will be okay.

Your wife has suffered an Hemorrhagic Stroke. Her blood pressure was severely high. She is lucky to be alive. We were able to stop the bleeding on her brain.

Bleeding?

Mrs. Scott was suffering from brain aneurysm causing her blood vessels to be weakened. Because it was not being treated, they ruptured causing the bleed.

Marcus stood in shock. I know Michaels condition has been weighing on her, but I didnt think it would have been such a strain.

Oh, I heard about your son. Thats Michael Scott, right? How is his speech coming on?

Yes sir. He is improving. I do not know how this will affect him. When can I see my wife?

We had to place her in an induced coma. You can go in, talk to her. I cant promise she will know you are there, but it is worth a shot. Marcus sighed. Dr. Robinson motioned for him to sit on a nearby chair. Mr. Scott, your wife is lucky to be alive. Her recovery will take weeks, months even. With the right treatment, we are confident that she will come around. To prevent another accident in such manner, we will have her under a twenty-four hours nurses watch when and after she recovers.