Prologue

'Hello Macy,' his voice was seduction personified.

Forceful desire was reeling through every nerve ending in her body.  Stupid, when he was not even touching her!  His soft husky tone made her shiver. She needed to shift  her eyes away from his mesmerizing gaze instead they fell, in fascination to the bob of his Adam's apple at the bronzed column of his throat. She took a steadying breath.

'Hello Twain.'

He marveled at her cool, brisk, greeting. She'd grown up in the last ten years. Her eyes were more serious. There was none of that naughty but attractive playfulness displayed there anymore.

'Small world,' he murmured, his eyes raking over her.

Not really. We have not seen each other in ten years.

She shrugged, anger and annoyance jockeying for position.

Twain was irked by her indifference. 'Of all the medical practices in Johannesburg, you chose the Crawford Medical Centre? I wonder why?'

His arrogance rankled her.

'Do not, for a second think I came here because of you!' she hissed. 'Infact I was hoping you would stay in the jungle in Sudan for the rest of your life.'

'Why all the anger, as if you ...care?' he mocked.

'You were a one night stand Twain. I forgot about you when you left my bed,' she made to walk past him.