❄️🌕🥀🫐Chapter 08🫐🥀🌕❄️

With the RoseClan cats in the MoonClan camp, everything felt different, strange

With the RoseClan cats in the MoonClan camp, everything felt different, strange. It was weird to be here.

All the cats were in the main camp. Some were pacing restlessly at the edge, others were sitting together in small groups, keeping a close eye on the RoseClan cats.

Larkkit sat with slumped shoulders next to Amberkit, Dashkit and Leafkit had deliberately moved far away from them. There were always four of us, Larkkit thought sadly. Now everything seems to have been destroyed.

Hailstar and Nightblossom were just talking to Palestar and Honeyclaw, apparently careful not to be heard, because they were meowing so softly that it was almost whispering.

As Larkkit had learnt, Honeyclaw, the pale golden tabby tom, was the deputy of RoseClan. He hadn't been in this position for long, only shortly after Larkkit and Amberkit were born. Larkkit wondered if the previous deputy could have died in the fight against the rogues.

Dashkit would certainly say now: This tail is certainly good for playing with. Larkkit's chest tightened as she thought of her impetuous and naughty foster sister. It seemed to be a special characteristic of RoseClan cats that their tails were bushier compared to the length of their fur.

The other three cats, as Larkkit could gather from conversations, were Patternleaf, Heatherwing and Gooseleap.

They were standing not far from the leaders and had their ears attentively directed forwards.

"It's hard to believe that Palestar would go to the trouble of coming here with the Warrior Council for a few kits," Stripeface commented scornfully.

Council of Warriors! Larkkit's pelt prickled. Then the three of them were the cats-in-command of some of the subranks. Filled with respect and awe, Larkkit tried not to stare too much.

Unfortunately, she was far too excited. Eventually, Patternleaf noticed her and came sauntering over to her.

Larkkit tried to stay calm. She certainly wouldn't be punished just for looking. On the other paw, these were high-ranking cats - especially strangers.

"You've grown so big already!" Patternleaf purred. The tortoiseshell she-cat's green eyes shone with friendly, genuine warmth. "The last time I saw you, you were barely bigger than a mouse."

Relief rushed through Larkkit like a gust of wind. So Patternleaf wasn't angry with her. Maybe there were nice RoseClan cats after all.

"I'm Patternleaf, by the way," the RoseClan she-cat introduced herself.

Larkkit refrained from saying that she had already found out.

"And I'm the cat-in-command of the Hunters' Circle. You'll probably have to put up with me more often than you'd like." Patternleaf purred with amusement.

Larkkit jerked her head up at these words. "Is that so? I want to be a hunter later too!" When she had finished speaking, she was a little embarrassed to have been so enthusiastic in the presence of an older cat.