❄️🌕🥀🫐Prologue🫐🥀🌕❄️

With a tense, pounding heart, the young she-cat pushed her way through the undergrowth

With a tense, pounding heart, the young she-cat pushed her way through the undergrowth. The wind blew directly into her face, causing her to squint her eyes.

Dusk had already passed long ago and by now, she should have been lying in her nest sleeping. But curiosity drove her on, further and further away from the protective camp. She knew that she would get in trouble if her Clanmates found out, but there was something that made her stomach twist with worry and anxiety.

Her thoughts wandered back the conversation that some of her Clanmates had had last sunhigh. To her it didn't appear like they were having a typical conversation. Rather, the she-cat had the impression that they were hiding something. Because when her curiosity had become too great and she had crept up on them, they had suddenly gone quiet and scattered in different directions.

The she-cat jumped over a small tree stump. Her paws swirled the dry leaves on the ground as she landed, making them crackle revealingly.

She bristled her fur and tensed her legs, ready to flee.

However, nothing could be heard. Her environment was unusually silent - it was almost disturbing. With a soundless sigh, she relaxed a little again. Don't drive yourself crazy, she told herself. You're a warrior who can defend herself if necessary, and not an inexperienced apprentice!

Still, she crept even more cautiously along the path. She could not afford to be spotted, for she feared that the consequences would be too fatal.

Suddenly there was a rustling sound directly next to her. As if struck by lightning, she jumped up and looked wildly around, claws unsheathed, ready to do whatever it would take to protect herself.

Once again there was no one to be seen. The she-cat clenched her teeth in annoyance and kept on running. You're acting like a frightened kit. She sighed. Those were her Clanmates. They were the most loyal cats she knew, and she knew most of them since she was crawling around in the nursery.

After a while, she stopped and listened intently into the darkness. When she heard soft whispers, she twitched the tip of her bushy tail in relief.

Carefully not to make a sound, she crouched down and crawled around some fern bushes.

In the small clearing in front of her sat a light brown tabby tom, surrounded by several other cats. I knew it! All the cats who were part of this strange meeting yesterday. In fact, there were even more cats gathering here.

But at the same time, it shocked her to see him there. How could I have been so wrong about him?

Then her gaze fell on something else, further back in the clearing, and she bit her tongue in horror. No! They can't do that! The she-cat toyed with the idea of running back to camp and telling her leader, but no one would believe her without proof.