❄️🌕🥀🫐Chapter 03🫐🥀🌕❄️

Larkkit tapped stiffly across the meadow

Larkkit tapped stiffly across the meadow. Without looking, she was painfully aware that every cat in the camp was fixated only on her. Don't you have prey to hunt or borders to patrol? She glared angrily at Thornstripe, who stared at her as she was on her way to the medicine cat's den.

After they had returned, Hailstar had pronounced a punishment in front of entire MoonClan. Larkkit and Leafkit both had to do camp work. First it was Leafkit's turn with the nursery and the elders' den. Larkkit was assigned to the medicine cat's den. After a few days they would switch. Leafkit had quite resisted, with the bogus reason that he was forced to do it, but Hailstar was not impressed.

When she had heard about it, Larkkit felt incredibly humiliated, but at the same time she was also glad that Hailstar had not banished her, contrary to her fears.

Larkkit slipped through the tunnel that led to the medicine cat's den. For a brief moment, a pleasant coolness brushed along her fur before she was surprised again by the bright, warm daylight.

Larkkit looked around in amazement. Even though she disliked the life of a medicine cat, this place always captivated her. The branches of several closely spaced gorse bushes had grown together at one point so that they entwined like an arch over a tunnel that led down into a cave. Numerous daisies, dandelions and buttercups grew in the meadow, adding colour to the place. There was also a tiny pool, or rather a puddle, with tall tufts of grass growing on its banks.

Larkkit slid down the slope between the gorse. Countless leaf-changes ago, the first medicine cats of MoonClan had dug out a cave system. In order not to damage the roots, they had to dig around the bushes, which divided the cave into clearly separated parts.

Larkkit looked around indecisively. Finstrike's and Motleycloud's scent hung in the air more than clearly enough, but she couldn't spot them anywhere, so Larkkit used the time to look around.

Close to the walls, but still with enough distance to keep the den stable, were dug holes from which various pungent smells emanated, covered with large leaves. Larkkit remembered that they were fern fronds, plants not found on MoonClan territory, but in the forest.

Suddenly Finstrike and Motleycloud came around a corner, and embarrassed, as if she had done something here too, Larkkit backed away.

Motleycloud stuck her muzzle out and sniffed at Larkkit. "I guess we'll have to take care of you today," she announced with flashing eyes.

Certainly not! Larkkit withstood the medicine cat apprentices's gaze. "You don't have to do this," she replied with a hint of panic in her voice. The memory of the incident with the two of them was still clear and could not be shaken off. What had Hailstar been thinking? Every MoonClan cat should know what Larkkit thought of the medicine cats. I wonder if the medicine cats of the other Clans are as scary?

"You sure?" Motleycloud tilted her head. "You proved something quite different last night."

Stop reminding me! "I don't have to sort out herbs though, do I?"