❄️🌕🥀🫐Chapter 04🫐🥀🌕❄️

"Stormkit!"

"Stormkit!"

Larkkit raised her head in surprise when she was abruptly roused from her sleep. Who's meowing like this in the early morning? "Hey, can't you be more careful?" she hissed, unable to stop herself from yawning and putting her head back on her paws. "There are cats here who want to sleep!"

Beside her, Dashkit, who had apparently also woken up from the noise, twitched her whiskers. "Stormkit and Firkit will be made apprentices."

"Really? I totally forgot that." Larkkit straightened up and shook herself. She certainly couldn't manage to fall asleep again now. A feeling of anticipation crept up inside her, and not just because Stormkit and Firkit were finally going to move out of the nursery. This would be the first ceremony of her life.

"Stormkit!" Junipertail shouted again. "Will you come here! You can't go in front of the Clan with that messy fur!"

The grey tom hid behind the rock, peering out tentatively every now and then before quickly retracting his head like a snake. "I can clean myself. I'm not a kit anymore," he complained.

"Obviously not." Junipertail took a leap and held him with her forepaws as she licked him jerkily. "Just look at your fur! Leaves everywhere!"

"He looks very green." Larkkit couldn't resist the temptation to whisper this teasing comment to Dashkit and her other two siblings, who were now awake as well. "I'm sure Hailstar will call him Greenpaw."

Dashkit purred in amusement. "That would be funny!" Then she paused and tilted her head. Larkkit almost thought she could see her thoughts floating around in her head, so concentrated did the silver-grey tabby she-cat seem. "I just remembered that probably no cat has ever been called Greenkit. Have you ever seen a cat with green fur? I certainly haven't. And what other reason would it have to be called that?"

"I've never noticed that before," Larkkit muttered. It's not a really nice name either, though.

"There is such a thing."

Full of surprise, Larkkit turned to Amberkit, who was nervously messing up the moss. When she noticed her littermate looking at her, she squeaked in fright and curled up shivering.

Larkkit exhaled resignedly. By StarClan, are we RoseClan? Or your family? What reason is there to be so jumpy just because you're being looked at, anyway? "What do you mean, green cats?" She purred snidely.

Amberkit, however, shook her head vigorously. "I-I've heard that in SnowClan they don't name their kits until they are f-four moons old," she finally said with great effort. "A kit with green eyes could definitely be called Greenkit... couldn't it?"

"You must have made that up," Larkkit murmured, amazed at how much Amberkit had said at once.

"No, it's actually true." Sandblossom trotted towards them. "If you ask me, SnowClan has some extremely strange customs."