CHAPTER 16

Lilith

"Lilith, are you done yet?", Alexine asks me. She's sitting on my chair with a pencil in her hand in my room. Kalila doesn't even look up and continues to write something down.

I annoyingly sigh. We're working on our groupproject again. 2 days before Halloween, and it's almost 11pm. I get up from my bed and take a sip out of my glass.

Alexine loudly clears her throat to get my attention back. "Almost done, let me take a break." She nods and slowly leans back while closing her eyes.

"Halloween is coming and Jay's probably throwing a party again to piss his dad off", Alexine suddenly says.

Jay is throwing a party? His last one was even better than from anyone in my previous school so I'm definitely in.
Kalila stretches her arms before saying:"It's gonna be a waste of time. I'm not going to any parties again, after what happend to the last one."

Alexine speaks:"Not even when Jay begs?" Kalila's eyes darkened for a moment. It seems like she's lost in her thoughts.

I clear my voice, trying to fix the situation. In our town, we're celebrating 3 days in october. A day before halloween, halloween and after halloween. It's a tradition.

In my previous school, we used to party in all three nights. It was kinda lame, but the parties were my favorites.

"Let's just focus on our project. Aren't your parents home yet, Lilith?", Kalila looks at me. I totally forgot them for a second. They're mostly not home but that's ok for me. As long as I don't have to stay at Uncle Sidney's place, I'm fine.

So i just shortly explained that they were out of town for a few days. "By the way, I heard from someone that you had a date with Jay?", I curiously ask her. Alexine looks confused at Kalila. We both are waiting for an explanation now.

Kalila awkwardly laughs. "It went amazing. But I don't think we'll have more dates in the future anymore." So it didn't went amazing. I shake my head before changing the subject:"I actually wanted to order some food. Any wishes?"

They both looked at each other with an unreadable expression on their faces. I raise an eyebrow, waiting for an explanation and Alexine finally snaps:"Isn't it dangerous to order food this late? It's almost midnight, that means it is beginning."

Kalila nods in agreement. "It's not safe. I got a feeling that.. I can't really explain it. But it's not a good feeling."

Not a good feeling? Is she kidding me? It's halloween, I want something to happen, I want action. If it's gonna be a boring, I'll make it less boring. "Come on, what will happen if I order some pizza?"

"Many things could happen. The pizza could be poisened, the delivery boy could be an serial killer, he could break in this house, we could get chased by masked men-", Alexine suddenly stops talking.

"It's not that bad. Pull yourself together. I'm gonna order some pizza, yeah?" I grab my phone out of my pocket and start searching for a place to call.

Kalila shakes her head at me, but I didn't really care.

I accidentally pressed on a new message from an unknown number and confusingly raise my eyebrows. They both noticed it and Alexine asks:"What's wrong?" Kalila and her were standing behind me after I told them to come.

There was a video with very bad quality. I could recognize someone with a ripped dark shirt that had blood splashes all over it in an dark alley. It was a boy. His face was covered with a ghost mask and in his left hand was something small. It looked like something out of metal..

Now he turned his back to the camera. I had to zoom in and clench my eyes to recognize anything. He pulled off his shirt effortlessly, revealing his back that was full with.. blood?

There was something on his back written. It looked like it's been scratched on with a knife.

'say hi'

In this moment, an unknown number suddenly called me. I nervously looked at Kalila and Alexine, waiting for them to say something.
But they were both in shock, progressing what just happend. 'Pull yourself fucking together, Lilith.'

I accepted the call. There was a rustle to hear, and then a deep voice:

"You forgot to lock the backdoor, little beast."

-

IT'S BEEN A WHILE!!

I hope y'all had a great halloween, chased by masked biker men (😋)

These following chapters are giving me
RUNRUNRUN- Dutch Melrose
&
DRIVE YOU INSANE- Daniel Di Angelo

THANKS FOR THE 4K READS POOKIES