CHAPTER 8

Kalila

The bell rings. I wait a couple of minutes before I leave the girl's bathroom. I locked myself there for hours. I was about to go to my locker but then I recognize Delaney, Faye, Estelle and Oriana.

The most popular girls in highschool. They know every gossip and secret. Everyone calls them the 'Final Four'. I remember, back then they were five but the fifth girl had to transfer schools because there were rumors about her.

They said that she was the reason why the school caught fire. Many students were injured because of this. "Why would someone like him, be in love with her? She's like a ghost. Invisible", Oriana says annoyed.

Faye nods. "I know right. He pretends to be that boy, but we all know that he literally fucked the whole school."

"Yeah. I can't believe that he dumped Delaney for her", Estelle shakes her head. I knew it. They're probably talking about me and Jay. It was so obvious that he's a player.

I'm just one of his toys.

I walk past them and open my locker. A sudden dizziness hits me. It's been days since I last ate anything because my mom threatened to withhold her cooking if I don't pass Chemistry with an A+.

"Kalila!", someone shouts across the hallway. Before I could turn around, Jay appears right behind me.

"I'm not in the mood for your games. Leave me alone, Harrington," My stomach makes a noice. I'm looking at him and his head is slightly tilted to the side. He's staring at me right in the eye, not blinking, not breaking eyecontact.

I feel naked and vulnerable under his gaze, like he's reading me like a book, exposing my deepest secrets and sins. I look away, before I loose myself in his light-brown eyes.

"Let's pretend to be strangers again", I say and close my locker. And then, I walk away. "Kalila, wait!", He's shouting my name, but I ignore him.

I was about to open the door when the dizziness hits me again. My vision slowly turns black and I loose my balance.

-

I slowly open my eyes. My memories are completely blank, what the fuck happened? I immediately sit up and look around.

I was sleeping on a couch in some living room. This isn't my house. This isn't even a house, this is a mansion.

Everything seems so expensive and on the walls are pictures. I see an open kitchen from here.

Suddenly, I can hear someone coming down the stairs. It was a boy. He's holding a black tinted-helmet on his one hand and in the other some keys.
H

e's wearing a black t-shirt under a racer jacket. I widen my eyes in shock. Have I been kidnapped?

"Morning Kalila!", he says happily. Why is he acting so weird? Who even is he? I try to stand up but my legs are not letting me.

"Just lay down. And stop looking at me with that expression, I'm no crazy pervert", he smirks and goes to the kitchen.

"Where am I? Who are you? Where's my phone? I'm gonna call the cops", I try to sound calm. "Whoa, don't call the cops. I didn't even touched you", He raises his arms as if I arrested him.

"And if I did, I'd be dead by now because he wouldn't even let me near you", I hear him murmuring this part.

What the fuck is he talking about? "Who are you?", I ask again.

"Never heard of 'Xavier Everett Harrington'?", he asked me.

Xavier Everett what? "Harrington?", I look confused. He's Jays brother? I never knew that Jay has siblings. I thought he was an only child.

"Man, he really never mentioned me? And stop looking like i just tortured your whole bloodline infront of you", Xavier places his keys on the kitchen counter.

"I never knew that he has a brother", I murmur. And then such a handsome one..

"He hasn't. I'm his older cousin. Our parents are on a business trip and jay asked if i wanted to stay at his place", Xavier explained.

"Okay, Xavier Everett Harrington.", I smile.

He groans. "Just call me Xavier please, Kalila Ivy Mitchell."

I make a grimace. "Just Kalila, please." How did he knew about my middle name? Then, I remember that I'm not supposed to be here. "Nice mansion, but sadly I have to go-", I stand up and walk past the kitchen.

He grabs me by my arm. "You're better staying here. He won't be happy if you'll go now. It's past midnight."

I turn around and try to get off his grip but he's stronger. "I don't fucking care what he's thinking. I don't even know him. Let go Xavier", I hiss.

"Man, he'll totally kill me-", he sighs, but in that moment, someone opens the door behind me.

I suddenly feel my balance shift beneath me.

Startled, I grab Xavier's arm to steady myself, but I overcorrect and end up pulling him down with me.

Before I can fully understand what's happening, we're both falling hard to the ground.

My right leg ends up awkwardly positioned between his thighs, and we end up just inches apart, our eyes locked on each other.

"What the fuck?", I hear Jay's voice behind us.

-
I'm so sorry for this late update but I had to rewrite this whole chapter😭

Jay won't be happy to see this misunderstanding..

And Xavier won't get away without 'some' bruises from Jay

#JusticeforXavierEverettHarrington

Xavier: Just 'Xavier', Thanks.

Okay, Xavier Everett Harrington.

Next chapter's gonna be about an other character!💕