26

"Actually, I think I'm going to get Subway."

"What the fuck," Connie gapes, "fucking Subway? Over our lord and saviour Mr. Sanders?"

Charlie shrugs, "I don't know man, I gotta get my greens in."

"You can get your greens in on the podcast," Connie hits his arm jokingly, "KFC is so much better than Subway."

"That's where you're wrong."

She rolls her eyes, "Suck my dick, dumbass."

Charlie wrinkles his nose, but doesn't respond. Effectively ending their meaningless argument. If Connie was forced to admit it, which now she never would in the presence of her friend, she doesn't actually mind Subway. Obviously she can't say anything about it now though, having dug her own grave.

Entering the food court, Charlie quickly takes in where the shops are, "Colonel Sanders is closer, however the line at Subway is shorter. Shall we go there first?"

Connie nods, and they head in that direction, getting into the line at Subway. She looks up at the menu, "Let me guess. You are going to get the BLT, but without bacon or tomato. And with extra lettuce," she grins at him, "am I right?"

He frowns a little, "Wouldn't that just be lettuce.?" he watched Connie nod, "Okay, I like lettuce. But I'm not that insane."

Connie raises an eyebrow, "Oh really?" she hums, "if I remember correctly - and I'm almost certain I do. - than didn't you do like over two hundred push ups in a single stream?"

"That doesn't mean I'm insane!!" Charlie protests, "It just means I am incredibly buff."

"I am also remembering literally all the Sorry Boys videos you are in," she muses, "specifically the one where you're 'Beast'?" Connie puts air quotes around the word, trying to keep a straight face.

"Be careful," Charlie warns, "it might come back out and get you."

They both laugh, stepping up to order Charlie's food. Connie wasn't really paying attention to what he was getting, but knowing him she was pretty confident it had something to do with lettuce.

Realizing that there were others in line that were actually ordering, Connie moves to stand away to make room for more people, still in earshot of the conversation Charlie was happening.

After Charlie finished ordering, he looked around a little, "So sorry, but- did you see where the girl I was with went off to?"

The cashier rolls her eyes, pointing in Connie's direction, which Charlie follows, "Your girlfriends right over there."

Charlie's head snaps back to the worker, as if going through major whiplash, "Oh! No- She's.. not my-"

The cashier holds up a hand, looking like she was done with everything, "You guys certainly looked like you were flirting," she shrugs, "but I'm sorry for making that assumption," she doesn't really sound sorry, though.

Charlie doesn't reply, he just nods in appreciation. Connie was pretty sure he was smiling too, but his back was faced towards her, so she couldn't tell.

A few moments later he walks back over to Connie, sub in hand, "Let's go get your kentucky fried chicken," he grins.

They cross the foodcourt to the other restaurant, thankfully it had cleared out a little, a father and teen daughter stood in front of them.

The pair looked extremely energetic, bumping into each others sides as if to get the other to fall over, laughing as they did so. They were also managing to keep up an upbeat conversation at the same time, - something about the fathers age, - it was honestly impressive.