17

"Charlie Slimecicle! You have won Connie's Love or Host," Austin practically yelled into his microphone.

Looking at Charlie's camera on her screen, she saw him begin to grin, and then he laughed a little. He seemed really happy for a online dating show.

"What? How could you!" Dev shouted, putting her hand on her chest in distress, "I trusted you! You wound me, fatally wound me," though she was smiling too, as if she knew this would happen.

"Before Dev departs from the stream, we have to reveal if she chose Love or Host.." Austin said, "and she chose..." Connie could hear him scrolling through something.

"Ah shit," He mumbled, "can you resend your answer? I lost it."

Dev laughed, "Of course, sending it now," she typed something out.

"Okay! Back to the show. Dev chose..."

"Love! Dev chose love!!" Austin shouted.

Dev sinks back into her chair, wiping a fake tear from her eye, "How could you do this to me? I thought we had something," she was going to continue her dramatic speech, but Austin kicked her from the call before she could say anything.

"And now! The real reveal of the show, what did our friend Slimecicle choose?" Connie saw Charlie smile at his camera, and she smiled too. If the guy didn't choose love she was going to lose her shit.

Austin inhaled quickly, "Oh no.. bad news Connie," Connie's eyes widened. Did he actually host her? After all those responses? She wasn't lying when she said she would lose her shit.

"Charlie," Connie said hesitantly, "did you seriously host me?"

"No!" Charlie was very defensive, "I wouldn't do that. Tell her, Austin."

"Well.." Austin said, looking really upset, "I'm just kidding. Slimecicle chose love! You have won Love or Host, Connie."

Connie grinned, she couldn't believe it. Well, she could, Charlie had made it pretty obvious what he chose. But originally he wasn't even supposed to make it this far, much less win. She could only imagine how different this would've gone if she had just eliminated him right at the beginning.

She realized ten second later that she had just been smiling in silence, cringing at how dumb that probably looked, she began talking again, "I knew it! I knew it!" Connie shouted, doing a weird sit down victory dance.

Charlie laughed a little, and Connie came to the realization that he too had just been smiling for a awkwardly long period of time, "I told you, I wouldn't have just hosted you after all of that. Gosh, that would've been so cruel."

The trio chatted for a few more minutes, before Austin decided it was time to raid Connie's stream.

"Have you got it all set up?" Austin asked.

Connie pulled up her stream, setting it up on the starting soon screen, "Yup! You can raid me whenever," she smiled and said her goodbyes as Austin raided her.

While she was on the starting soon screen, she DM'd Charlie on Twitter for his tag on Discord. Before quickly adding him as a friend and inviting him to a video call.

"Hey Charles," Connie said as Charlie joined, "how are you on this dandy day?"

Charlie hummed, "I'm good, listen, I really have to tell you something," He sounded incredibly serious. It was unnerving compared to his lighthearted happy tone from Love or Host.

"Sure!" Connie said, "I'm all ears, well, not really. I do have a head and a nose and stuff... You get what I mean."

He sighed a little, rubbing his temple, "I'm," then he paused, as if heavily considering something, before he smiled and said, "super excited to be in the stream! We are going to be very best pals."

Connie smiled too, confused as to why he had seemed to serious. But she just let it go, "I agree, Mr. Cicle. I am going to start my stream now, is that alright?"

"Of course, by the way. You never told me what we were playing?"

"You'll find out," Connie said simply, moving her stream away from the starting soon screen. "Hey guys! It's Connie, and I just won Love or Host! So we are here today with my dear friend Charlie Slimecicle, on a first date."

Connie watched Charlie get really close to the microphone, and she stiffled a laugh as the viewers wouldn't know why she was laughing in the first place since they couldn't see his camera view. "Whats gooping gamers? It's your boy, and I am inside Connie's walls," Charlie said in a low tone, microphone crackling.

"Yes, that's Charlie. No, he isn't in my walls," Connie said absently, pulling up the game she was going to force Charlie to play for this stream, "Charlie, have you ever played Stardew Valley?"

"I can't say I have," Charlie replied, "if it's not on my VOD channel then probably not."

"You think I watch your VOD channel?" Connie asked, raising an eyebrow, "how cocky."

Charlie groaned, "That's not what I meant and you know it," he paused, "I'm not surprised you picked this game. Isn't it your favourite game, like, ever?"

"Uh- yeah?" Connie said, "How'd you know? I've never played on stream before."

"Oh," Charlie said, "just a lucky guess. You seem like a Stardew Valley kind of person."

She gasped, grinning, "That is THE compliment, you have no idea. Chat, you heard that right? I seem like a Stardew Valley kind of person."

The stream was.. chaotic to say the least.

It took Connie at least ten minutes to make her character, and the whole time Charlie kept making puns based on anything she said. It might've been irritating to others, but Connie found it really funny.

Then, when Charlie learned he could romance characters, he instantly started talking to Granny. And when Connie explained that no, you could not romance the Grandma, he started dramatic sobbing into the microphone.

When he finally accepted he couldn't have a relationship with Grandma, he started talking to Hailey. He got really upset whenever Hailey was mean to him.

He also refused to kill any slimes while mining, and would yell at Connie whenever she did so. This led to a bit where Connie would tell him to turn around, and then she would start singing loudly to mask the sound of murder.

After two hours of playing the game, Connie decoded that it was time to end. It was seven in the evening, and she was hungry. So she said goodbye to her stream, then said bye to Charlie with the promise of streaming together again. When asked why she was leaving so suddenly, she told her stream that she could not wait for some McDonald's.

And it was the truth, she really could not wait for some McDonalds.