25

(a/n: I do not live in the states so im just going to lie about shops completely but its alright cause its not important to the story)

IRL

They pair found their way to the closest clothing shop, making the decision to go right into it. Though it wasn't really a group decision, as Connie still had Charlie by the wrist and was actively pulling him everywhere they went. Not that he minded though.

"Okay," Connie said, grabbing the attention of Charlie, "I've never actually had to shop for men's clothing before. But that's alright, because I am literally the best."

Charlie laughs, "Sure you are," he rolls his eyes, smiling, "Where do we start?"

"Uhh.." Connie glances around, trying to see what the store has to offer, "first, we are going to get you out of those jorts."

Charlie raises an eyebrow, "Take me out to dinner first," he laughs a little, "damn."

Connie's laughs, "Oh my god. Char, you know what I meant," she looks away, trying to find the pants section.

Once located, Connie yanks him towards the area, scanning the place for good pants. It didn't seem like a very formal store, but it also didn't really matter. There was always going to be something.

She let go of Charlie's wrist, not wanting to torcher him with the task of following her around while she browses, and begins to circle the area.

After a few minutes Connie picks up a pair of jeans, they were slightly baggy, and probably would pair well with flannel. She's pretty sure Charlie likes flannel.

She turns and passes it to Charlie, trying to find the price tag, "I think these will look nice," Connie looks up, noticing Charlie wasn't there.

She frowns, looking around the store for him. She spots Charlie in the dress section, he seemed like he was thinking really hard about something, and he was going through said dresses like he was on a mission.

She sighs, walking over to where he is, "I'm not sure how my parents will react to you showing up in a dress, but if thats what makes you comfortable it's totally chill."

Charlies head snaps up to her direction, "Oh- no," he says, face turning red, "not for me, personally. I was trying to find one for you."

Connie raises an eyebrow, "Oh?"

"Yeah," Charlie shrugs, unsure, "you were choosing an outfit for me, so I thought it would be nice to find one for you," he pauses, "you like dresses, right?"

Connie nods, "Yup. I am a fan of dresses," she holds up the jeans, "Do you like these? I think it would go well with flannel, and I've seen you wear plaid before."

"I like them, and I would totally wear them for occasions other than the dinner," he says, turning to the dresses again and muttering to himself.

"What are you saying? Sorry I just can't hear you."

"I should get you something plaid to, so we could match," he continues going through the dresses, before stopping and pulling a red and black plaid dress out, "this looks nice."

Connie hums in agreement, "Do you want me to try it on? There's got to be a changing room somewhere in the store."

Charlie smiles,"And while you do that I can find a flannel top."

They both don't feel the need to continue the conversation, so the pair splits up. Connie walks over to a worker, asking to use a change room and gets brought to one shortly after.

She switches out of her clothes, slipping into the dress. It was extremely comfortable, which was absolutely amazing. And when she sat down on the bench it didn't ride up or anything. A pretty good dress, to say the least.

Still in the outfit, Connie left the changing room to go find Charlie again, he was the one picking the outfit for her in the first place. He should get to know how it looks on her before she decides to buy it.

As expected, he's over in the sweater area, looking at a section of flannel.

She taps him on the shoulder, and when he turns around her eyes widen at how close they were for a moment. Connie quickly takes a step back, giving him space.

"Do you like it?" She asks, spinning in a circle.

Charlie didn't reply, he seemed to be zoned out, and he was grinning. He opened his mouth to say something, before shutting it quickly after. Instead of speaking, he nodded.

Connie smiled, not quite sure what was going on, "Are you.. alright, Char?"

He blinked a little, "Yeah!" he looked away from Connie, his face red, then started talking again, "I like the dress. I think it suits you."

"Thank you," Her grin widened, "did you find anything that caught your eye?"

"Well yo-" He paused, as if realizing he shouldn't say something, and then started laughing to himself, "I- yeah. I found this," he held up a simple flannel button up, the colours matching her dress.

Connie laughed a little, "This is not going to convince my parents we aren't dating."

"Huh, why?" Charlie asked.

"We are buying matching outfits to wear to the dinner. Is this not a coupley thing to do?"

"Oh."

The pair started laughing again, before walking towards the check out. Charlie didn't think he needed to try the stuff he got on, as he had been to the store before and the clothes were in his size.

"Shit," Charlie said, facing towards Connie but not looking her at her for some reason, "You need to get out of that dress still, right?"

Connie smirked, "Take me out to dinner first," she said, quoting what he had said earlier.

It didn't have the same affect on Charlie as it did her, he went beet red, "Maybe I will," he said under his breath, just loud enough for Connie to hear.

It was her turn to go beet red.

Before she could say anything, Charlie turned to walk toward the changing rooms, and once there Connie slipped back into her regular clothes.

She exited the changing room, the dress in her hands, "Are we ready to go now?" she asked.

"I think so," Charlie said, looking at her and holding his hand out.

Connie's brain short circuited, and it took her a solid ten seconds to realize that he was not offering to hold her hand, he was offering to take her dress. She smiled awkwardly, handing it to him.

"We are going to look so Canadian," Connie mused, giggling a little.

"Yeah," Charlie agreed, smiling, "Do you want some maple syrup?"

Connie laughed, "We are totally stereotyping right now."

"Oh totally."

They got to the check out, placing their stuff on the counter for the worker to scan their items. Charlie insisted on paying, even though Connie had volunteered to, and they left quickly after that.

"Food?" Charlie asked, holding his clothing bag.

"How could I say no to that?"