(MT-13) Her Decision

Agatha woke-up when she heard murmuring voices around her.

She didn't opened her eyes yet as she's still assessing herself. The last thing she remembered was getting into a car accident.

"It's been three months! She's still not waking up!" She heard that familiar voice and she wanted to call him but she cannot find her voice.

"Liam, kumalma ka. They are fine. Agatha's body is healing nicely. The baby is also developing well." Another voice said and that's when she opened her eyes.

"Mnemosyne! Your awake!" Liam who looks haggard went to her and she weakly reached out to his hand which he held out to her.

When Liam got a hold of her hand, he kissed the back of it and she smiled weakly at him.

"Are you feeling okay?" He asked after giving her water to drink, but she disregarded his question when she remembered something.

"You promised me, we'll talk about what happened between us last night Syete. Can we talk about it now?" She asked him.

"We can, but that didn't happened last night Mnemosyne. It's been three months since then and you got into an accident."

Agatha blinked her eyes, couldn't believed that she lost three months of her life already.

"Is she going to be okay?" She heard Liam's voice somewhere, when she opened her eyes, she's still inside her bedroom.

"Of course, patients with amnesia tends to experience this lalo kapag may mga ala-ala silang bumabalik, but don't get your hopes up Liam, this may be temporary. Hindi natin alam kung pag gising niya, matatandaan pa niya lahat ng naalala niya o babalik ang kundisyon niya. I still need to talk to my fellow doctors in Spain to inform them of Agatha's improvement." Lintanya naman ni Luna.

"Syete?" She called out as she slowly sat-up. Kaagad naman itong lumapit sa kanya.

"Are you okay? May masakit ba sa'yo? Si baby?" He asked in concern and Agatha creased her forehead before it sinks into her.

Yes, she's pregnant nga pala. She remembered it, in fact she remembered it all.

Sandali naman siyang natulala. She cannit believe how she managed to break through the barriers of her mind. To unlock the hidden memories she had.

"Yeah. I'm good. How long was I out?" She asked him as she squeezed his hand on hers.

"Three hours. I was so scared." He said and she smiled at him.

"I'm okay. We're okay." She answered and her eyes went to Luna. "Thank you." The older woman just nodded her head on her and left the two of them.

"You want me to leave first? Pahinga ka muna?" Liam offered and she nodded her head.

She really need some time alone to process everything.

Liam's face fell.

"Hey! Why the long face Syete?" She asked.

"Nothing, I'll let you be for now. Kakausapin ko lang din muna si Luna. Call me if you need anything." He said before leaving her as well.

Agatha stands up as soon as Liam left the room. She went straight to the vault.

She contemplated whether to open it or not as she already remembered all she have written in there.

She then decided to just leave it there instead.

Agatha tried to go back to sleep as her head is still aching from the four years worth of memory that was just dumped inside her head, but she cannot go back to sleep anymore.

She then wondered how she will face Liam later.

Should she just go up to him and kiss him? Should she wait for him to make the first move?

Liam had waited long enough for her after all, maybe she can do the first move this time right?

She decided to busy herself in fetching the empty picture frames on her closet.

She now knew why they were empty, the pictures that was supposed to be there are their family pictures.

She opened a secret drawer under the bed and took all of the pictures and put them back in place.

She cannot wait for Katie to come home and show her everything.

She misses her daughter.

When she got tired, she laid back on the bed, she still cannot believe that she's well now.

Is this really happening? Or is this is just a dream?

Everything just felt surreal. It was all too good to be true.

She doesn't believe in miracles but it seems like she was now presented one.

But what if she wakes up the following morning and not remember anything again?

That thought scared her that she wanted to just wrap herself inside a bubble and never go out if that would mean keeping her current state right now.

Suddenly the door opened and Liam entered.

He sat at the edge of the bed just looking at her and she did too.

She stared at his face, realizing how much she misses him.

It was odd however.

Missing someone you basically lived with everyday.

She moved her body aside to make a space for him beside her.

Liam took that as an invitation to lay beside her.

"What now?" He asked after a few moments of silence.

"Hmm?"

"I'm not expecting you to make a decision right now Agatha, but since you already remembered it all, gusto ko lang malaman---- " he paused and looks in her eyes.

"Saan na ba ako naka lugar ngayon sa buhay mo?" He asked sincerely and she didn't answer right away.

Somehow, she expected that question but somehow she's not prepared on how she will answer him.

"And before you answer me, I want you to understand that I stand by what I told you kanina. If you will choose to be with me, then be with me. If not, then just tell me, it would hurt less than to hope for something that isn't going to happen anymore."

Agatha's heart broke again after his plea. Liam is again crying and hurting because of her.

Could she risk it? Hurting him over and over again?

She cupped his face in her hands.

"Your place Liam, is right here with me. Nowhere else, but just here."

Liam's eyes lights up as she said those words.

She pulled his face on hers and captured his lips with hers.

"Will you marry me Mnemosyne?" He asked after their lips parted.

He took something from his pocket and saw an engagement ring being offered to her. He came prepared.

"Yes, Syete. I will marry you." She answered smiling warmly.

This felt not just right, but it felt perfect.