(MT-08) His Struggles

"Pare, alam ko na ayaw mong iwanan si Agatha, pero this is once in a lifetime! Imagine a mall in Dubai with Muhalch's name as the architect, pare pangarap mo yun!" Nonie answered.

If he's going to be honest, hindi naman talaga niya gustong gawin yung project sa Dubai.

If that would mean na mapapalayo siya kay Agatha at Katie, he wouldn't do it.

He knows where his friend is coming from.

It has been his lifelong dream to bring the Muhlach's company up there on top before he leave the company for good.

He wanted to just pursue being a lawyer, the only reason why he wanted to bring the Muhlach's architectural firm is for his father.

Sometimes it was hard being an only child lalo kapag may legacy ang pamilya na kailangan ituloy.

He couldn't let the company tha has been passed on to their family goes to waste.

"Pwede mo naman isama yung mag-ina mo sa Dubai pare." Suggestion pa ni Nonie.

"Hindi ko nga mapa oo na pakasalan ako pare e, I don't think I can persuade her to uproot her life in exchange for a new life overseas." He sadly told his friend.

"Wag mo akong daanin sa mga ingles-ingles mo na yan Liam a! Isa lang naman ang sagot diyan e, let her get the operation! May pag-asa pa siyang gumaling pare!"

Liam was stoned upon hearing that.

It was true. May pag-asang gumaling si Agatha, all they have to do was to get the treatment in Spain.

His cousin, who happened to be Agatha's neurologist suggested it, apparently Agatha doesn't want to do it.

Isa yan sa pinag awayan nila last month, and he was pretty sure it was one of the factor of that "Live one day at a time" sh*t that Agatha is doing now.

Agot said that the operation have 70% success rate. Kaya kahit papaano panatag naman siya na okay lang magpa opera si Agatha.

"Paano nga pare kung ayaw naman ni Agatha? Nakakainis na nga e. Pero anong magagawa ko? Kung nahihirapan ako sa sitwasyon namin, alam kong mas nahihirapan siya. She's the one who lost her capability to remember her daily life."

"Hindi ka ba napapagod sa ganyan niyong sitwasyon pare? Saka ano yang relasyon niyo? T*ngina, para kayong palaging one night stand a!"

"Wala naman problema sa akin pare, nararamdaman ko naman na mahal niya ako e, ang sakit lang alam mo yun? May mga araw kasi na akala niya ang mahal pa din niya ay si Iñigo, but there were days na sinasabi niya na matagal na niya akong mahal, naisip ko tuloy, paano kung nag confess na ako sa kanya noon pa? Magiging ganito kaya ang sitwasyon namin? Siguro kung hindi lang ako duwag, baka hindi siya naaksidente." He narrated habang nangingilid ang luha sa mga mata.

Hindi na din niya alam kung ano ang gagawin niya sa sitwasyon nilang dalawa.

Kahit paano may point din naman si Agatha.

She doesn't want to be a burden to him, but what she doesn't understand is that she will never be a burden to him.

Not then, not now and definitely not ever.

"Sir! Sir!" Nagulat siya ng biglang lumabas ang katulong at tinawag siya., Agad naman siyang lumingon.

"Tumawag po ang guard ng village, nakita daw po niya si Ma'am Agatha lumabas kasama daw po si Katie." Nag a-alalang sumbong nito.

Ever since Agatha almost got lost, ibinilin na niya sa guards to let him know if they will spot Agatha leaving the village.

Agatha is not familiar with this place dahil lumipat lang naman sila after her accident.

He was worried lalo ngayon na hindi ito nagpaalam kung saan pupunta at kasama pa si Kate.

Kaagad siyang tumakbo papasok para kunin ang susi ng sasakyan.

"Pare, tutulong ako paghahanap." Nonie offered and he nodded.

"Tawagan mo yung mga kaibigan natin, maghiwalay na tayo paghahanap. Baka naman kasi namasyal lang sila, I'll go to the nearest mall. Tapos ikaw, sa park ka mag check." He instructed his friend and dialled Agatha's number, napa mura naman siya when she heard Agatha's phone ringing from the living room.

Mnemosyne--- asan ka ba?

He worriedly thought as he made his way towards his car.

While driving Liam cannot help looking back on how they started.

They've been doing good at co-parenting their daughter despite of Agatha's condition.

At first mahirap, lalo na nung first month of pregnancy ni Agatha.

She was in coma for three months. It was a miracle how the baby developed given her condition but the doctors said it was possible.

Liam had prayed long and hard just so Agatha and the baby survived and they did.

The next thing he had to face is her amnesia.

It was already hard for a normal person to have the normal type of amnesia, but for a pregnant woman to have a special case of amnesia, it was harder.

He had to wait for her to wake-up everyday so he can explain everything to her.

There are moments that she will just break down and even he, doesn't know how to stop her from crying, but nevertheless Agatha has been a good mother.

May kulang man sa kanya, Agatha never failed to take care of Katie.

After giving birth to Katie, Agatha came up with the idea to write her day to day activities so she can read it the following morning.

Sa madaling salita, that solution made it easier for them, so Liam came up with the idea of them to live on their own.

He wanted to take care of both Agatha and Katie on his own, because even though they are not in a relationship, he wanted for them to live independently.

They stayed the best of friends.

He never dared to cross that line because he knew how hard that would be, but that doesn't mean he stopped loving her.

For three years it worked until it doesn't.

Until he confessed that he's in-love with her in that one getaway they participated with their friends and Agatha said she felt the same.

That was the second time they crossed that line between lovers and friends.

They made love inside the tent by the beach under the moonlit sky.

After they made love, he let Agatha write down how her day went like she always does.

He hopes that come morning, things will change between them, but the following morning he realized that Agatha wrote everything that happened to her that day.

All but one thing.

She never wrote anything about them.

But, despite not being aware, Agatha's heart and body seems to remember him or whatever they have, kaya pa ulit-ulit na may nangyayari at nangyayari sa kanila.

If he will just think about what his body needs, he should be good but then, sa pa ulit-ulit na nangyayari ay pa ulit-ulit din siyang pilit nanayaw maalala ni Agatha.

And that hurt as hell.

Their friends told him to just move-on and it was an everyday struggle for he doesn't want to.

He only wants her.

Even if she doesn't want to.