Chapter Six - A little Help

-3rd Person-

After the Christmas holidays. Liam had asked to speak to the Queen through Anastasia and within the week, he headed to Sandringham. He knew that Aurora was back in University busying for her third year. Taking Aurora's advice, he sought the opinion of the Queen.

"Mr William Mosley, to see you, your majesty." William walked in and bowed he head before his girlfriends grandmother.

"Mr Moseley, what a pleasant surprise." He walked over again and bowed his hadn't shaking her hand

"Your majesty."

"I must say I have been wondering what you wanted to see me about. All I heard was that it was about my granddaughter." The Queen gestured for him to sit and he did as the same time she did.

"Yes. It was on her indirect advice that I asked to see you, Ma'am." he replied

"Now i'm intrigued, do go on."

"It's my wish to propose to Aurora." he declared "I know that there are certain etiquette protocols I have to follow, having your blessing and permission is one one of them." The Queen gave a small smile

"It is, though most do it after the question has been popped, so to speak."

"Well two birds, one stone. When Aurora and I had the talk of what would go into a royal proposal and marriage she gave me the outline. It's my understanding that it's a little easier for a man to do it because he can do so with discretion, so he doesn't spoil the surprise. Aurora implied that it would be a little more difficult for the reversal of things. Not impossible but difficult. The more I thought about it, the more i understood."

"In some cases yes. Aurora as you'll understand has a secure place she will always be a key person to the monarch. Granddaughter, daughter, sister, Aunt in her lifetime. Am I right in assuming you wish my help?" Queen Elizabeth wondered

"Please your majesty." Liam requested "I want to do this but with the press seeming to hide in the corners peeking out. They would ruin everything."

"Well, one can't comment to that." she gave a knowing smile "Do you have any ideas to a type of ring?"

"A sapphire with stones taken from this." he removed a long thing box from his jacket pocket and opened it"It's my mother's she gave it to me when i told her what I was planning. I know that Aurora has always admired her mothers ring, not a replica but my own take on it." he showed her a diamond bracelet.

"Yes, I think she would like that. I will have the royal jeweller contacted and we shall arrange an appointment for you. Where you can have the ring designed and create with Aurora non the wiser." She stood pressing the bell to signal the end and Liam copied, standing as well.

"Thank you ma'am." he bowed his head and shook her hand again the door opened and he backed away before turning and walking out.

-Aurora-

I had come down to London over night on the train, so that I could have dress fitting. Now I stood in front of a mirror in a off white nearly cream dress. I had to admit. I did not look horrible in it. Though I trusted Catherine, I had been nervous that because I wasn't there it would end up looking frumpy on me.

"Not bad, I like it." I complimented as she was sat with her mother and sister.

"Were you worried?" Catherine giggled

"Me? Of Course not, little concerned maybe." She covered her mouth in amusement "What, I have some control issues. Being up there for most of your planning has been torture but on your assistance I stayed."

"And i thank you for that. Education is important, besides I've had everything under control." She rose to her feet and came to stand behind me "You look beautiful by the way."

"Thank you and thank you for inviting Liam as well. It means a lot that you two are including him as well." I turned ad she took my arms

"Of course."