Chapter Fourteen - Life Changes

-3rd Person-

Liam was going through the boxes of all his and Aurora's things. For now this would be there home base whenever in London. Charles has offered to pay for a house to be built on the royal estate at Windsor which would take a while. Either way it wouldn't be long because they'd be heading back to Scotland for Aurora's final year at university. Liam looked around, there was so much to do, to sort what would be going to Scotland, what would be staying here. Aurora was out attending to as she stated 'official royal business' he had yet to learn what that meant.

There was a knock on the flat door and Liam stopped what he was doing to answer it. One good thing about going to live in the security of Kensington. No cold callers, anyone there was there for a reason and not simply to bug you into separating with something. He opened the door.

"Can I help you?" Liam questioned

"Yes. I'm Grant Harrold. Former butler to the Prince of Wales. Her Royal Highness Princess Aurora asked me to come and give you a crash course in royal etiquette." he introduced himself and then Catherine arrived. Grant bowed his head to her.

"Hey Liam. Looks like I'm just in time. Roe asked me to come and help out." she grinned

"Come in then, please excuse the mess. We're literally in the middle of moving in." He invited the two inside "Would either of you like anything to drink?"

"No thank you." they both answered

"If we could get started." Catherine went to stand next to Liam. "The Princess Aurora has informed me that you have some ettiuqiette knowledge which gives you a foundation. If we can just go over it once more." Liam nodded

"Of course."

"Whether informal or formal events you must bow your head from the neck to Her Majesty and His Royal Highness Prince Phillip. Upon your marriage to the Princess, she has informed me that when with close family such as her father, step mother, brothers and wives. You can become informal with them in private only. In public you must bow to her father and step mother. A nod to Prince William and Prince Harry is told to be sufficient." Liam listened intently

"Now on other members of the family, because Princess Aurora is the only daughter of the eldest she is higher in succession which means most will bow to you if the two of you together. However if you are alone You would have to bow to Princess' of the blood Mainly Princess' Anne, Alexandra, Eugenie and Beatrice but not Zara Tindall or Lady Louise. You also need to curtsy to the Duchess because she is higher than you At family occasions you may not be required to do so but that's unlikely. The Princess will inform you of such changes."

"Okay."

"Ma'am if you could play the Pincess for the next part." Catherine stood and smoothed out her summer dress that she was wearing. Then the two men stood up "When out on engagements with any member of the family higher that you. You are required to follow on behind."

"The technical rule is three paces." Kate pointed smirking at him which he returned

"Yes, quite. Ma'am." Catherine walked around and Liam followed behind "Should the Princess slow or stop her pace you are supposed to do the same keeping a distance." Catherine scowled her pace and Liam copied

"Out of respect to the institution it is asked that you keep personal displays of affection minimum or none." Grant stated

"What about when were in public but not on engagements or anything official." before Grant could say anything.

"As long as it's not in your face like snogging, Her Majesty is fine with it, these days." Catherine answered "But most choose to keep it the same as if they were officially representing the crown. Right" she turned back to Great who nodded

For the next couple of hours. Grant and Catherine instructed Liam on the finer things of royal life, though Catherine would make the comment that the Queen is more relaxed with certain aspects the general rule of thumb was do do it unless told not to. Grant left and Catherine followed a little after wards. When Aurora returned home she sigh herself down on the sofa with a small sigh and removed her heels.

"Everything okay."

"Yes. Just long." she answered as Liam sat next to her "Granny asked that after I finish school and married I become one of her official stand ins. It's sort of what I did at the Royal Variety Performance and in New Zealand but on a bigger scale."

"So that mean's?" Liam wondered

"Whenever my Grandmother is either indisposed or travelling abroad. I can be called upon to do her duties. Like the honours roll or knighting, that kind of thing. I'm honoured that she's trust me to do that on her behalf." she curled up into Liams arms and relaxed "Oh and Granny's invited you to Sandringham for Christmas if you want to come."

"What? really?"

"Yeah, you're gonna be part of the family. But only if you want to, again options are available for discussion. How did the crash course go?" she answered then changed the subject.

"Started off well then got boring. Catherine was a big help though aside from you of course." he joked making he chuckle a little.

"Of Course"