Chapter Twelve - Can't Wait

Liam came over a stopped me from ringing anyone. He lowered my hand and took the other one, as I stared at him confused.

"Before you call anyone. Do you remember when you told me the etiquette of a proposal?" I nodded and he smiled "Well, I know you said that most of it is done after but I spoke to your your father and your grandmother, before. The Queen even helped me with the ring." he lifted up my hand where it now sat proudly on my hand.

"Really?"

"Yes. I did like you said and asked for permission just in reverse." I put my phone down and rested my hand against his cheek.

"You're sweet." I gave him a kiss "What else did you do without me knowing?"

"A lot of stuff." he grinned cheekily

"Well, don't get used to it. Probably the only time you'll get away with it." I jest back, picking up my phone once more. I dialled the palace switchboard, the heart of the communication with the royal family. After a minute there was a answer. I requested to speak to my father and they put me through, modern technology had come a long way, the recognised my number to address me as such and put me through.

"Aurora, darling." he answered as I put him on speaker "How are you?" he asked in a cheery voice.

"I'm great, how are you?" I question

"Just peachy, Camilla and I have just returned from a lovely walk in the gardens. Spring was kind this year." he answered "How was your holiday?"

"About that." I turn to Liam "I have some news."

"Oh yes, what is it?"

"Liam proposed." I told him "And I said yes" there was a moment of silence before he answered

"Oh, sweetheart, that is wonderful news." He chimed "Camilla...Camilla, Aurora is getting married." I heard his voiced became a bit distance and then Camilla arrived

"Oh how amazing. Congratulations." she chimed

"Thank you." we both say

"Have you told your grandparents the news" Dad questioned

"No, you the first too know." I took my Dad of speaker and stepped away. Liam went to do his own thing. "Dad, can I speak with you alone."

"Of course. Camilla would you give us a moment." Dad requested 

"Yes, Yes." I heard the faint sound of a click like the door had been closed and then Dad clearing his throat

"Yes, Aurora."

"Liam told me that he came to ask your permission before he proposed. That you said yes, thank you Dad. It means a lot to me." my voice broke a little "More than you can know."  I glance down.

"Aurora, sweetheart. You are my daughter and I do love you. I would never want to stand in the way of your happiness, any of my children for that matter. I am happy that you are happy." he replied "And despite our problems at the end I know your mother would be more than happy, she would be jumping for joy." i laugh and wipe away a tear.

"Thank you Dad." my voice broke a little.

"You are most welcome, my dear. Now i suggest you ring your grandmother, she has as you say been chomping at the bit all week. It is all she can talk about with Papa and I." I giggle imagining the scene.

"Okay I will see you later this week okay?"

"Yes, my dear. Congratulations again. Goodbye my dear."

"Bye Dad." I hung up and went back into the living room. Liam looked up from his phone and smiled

"Everything okay?" He wondered

"Great. Apparently Granny's been brimming with excitement for the phone call about the proposal. Dad said it was all she has been talking about for the week." I laugh

"My parents are the same, they know we came back today. My phones been going crazy with messages." Liam showed me he phone with the texts from his parents and his siblings.

"Well it's only fair that I called my Dad your parents are next. And before you ask, yes I'm sure. Granny will understand us calling our parents first." He called home and his mom answered

"William. it's about time you answer." Juliet lightly scolded her eldest making my giggle

"You're on speaker Mum, both of us are here." I rested my hand on Liam's arm told hold myself up from the silent laughter.

"Oh, hello, Aurora."

"Hello, Juliet." I took a deep breath and calmed myself "I guess you been waiting to hear the news."

"She said yes." Liam told her and there were cries of happiness

"Peter...Peter she said yes. Daisy! Benjamin!" she called for the others "William is getting married. She said yes." Then they cheered and clapped on the other end. I grinned at Liam. He gestured that he was going to talk to them alone and i nodded going to grab our bags and take them into our room. I was in the middle of unpacking when Liam returned

"Well now I probably won't be able to here for a good few hours."

"Yeah. I beginning to think that we should have left it a day or two to tell them." I voice "Have this moment to ourselves. I was just so excited." I wrap my arms around his neck and he does the same with my waist.

"I know but we're half way through."

"Yes knowing dad he'll be telling Aunt Anne and Uncle Edward, at a push Andrew if Granny doesn't get their first. Then Granny and Grandpa will most likely tell Andrew, talk with Dad and then William and Harry."

"I told mine to hold off until the last minute then they can blitz around telling other family members the news."

"Families eh." My phone started ringing and I went over to the bestie table and looked at it.

"Nope Dad's first call was Granny." I tell him showing the screen then answered "Hello."

"Aurora, my dear." I hear Granny's voice "I've just had a call from your father. He told me you had something to say."

"I assumed so...hang on let me put you on speaker." I changed it "Okay yes we do. I said yes."

"Oh what splendid news. Oh how lovely, I am very happy for the two of you. I suppose your father has told you I have been waiting with gear anticipation."

"Yes he did, you can take a breath now and tell Grandpa, I have a feeling that you waisted no time in calling."

"Yes, yes. Well the two of you must come for tea so we can speak further. I will leave the two of you to call your brothers. Speak soon."

"Goodbye." we say and she hangs up

"Okay, I'm not doing two calls at once. I would just like to sit down and relax." I video chatted them both at the same time. We waited and they eventually both answered.

"Hello."

"Will, Harry. I'm not doing the repetitiveness anymore or having a squabble about who told who first. Will is Catherine there?" I ask

"Hang on, Catherine." Will called and "She coming...she's here."

"Okay" I counted down from three

"We're engaged!" We announced over the phone. I held up my hand showing off my engagement ring. And then it became chaotic with three of them talking at once, I couldn't really make anything out. I shared a confused look with my fiancee, oh i did like thinking that fiancee.

"Okay! Okay! I think we get it, your happy we're happy, there's no need to burst our ear drums on the matter, right now. I'm going to crash from jet lag. Thank you and goodbye." I hung up on both. Liam laughed "I am tired, can we sleep now."

"Okay." we moved the things off the bed and took a nap.