Chapter Four - Plant the seed

I told Liam in confidence what was going on, I was bursting at the seams and he was there after Will left. The two of us were eating together.

"How does that even work? A royal Proposal?" He questioned eating some fish and chips

"Like any other engagement for the most part." he gave me a really look "Honestly. Theres just a few technical hoops after and during. but mainly after."

"Like what? Now you you've got me curious."

"In no particular order?" he gestures giving me the floor "Granny's approval. She would need to issue a formal consent to the proposal of marriage. A very posh document is created stating so. That can be done with a phone call after the yes. Then would be the fathers approval, a outdated tradition but none one in this family would mess with that one...yet. Engagement ring, I have no doubt which one William will chose. But for Grooms marrying into the family that's a little tricker."

"How?"

"Any other guy can find a way to sneak in a engagement ring in. Grooms marrying royal brides have a tricker time without getting caught. It's not exactly like you can go into a jewellers. maybe a family heirloom." I chuckle "The three of us use made a pact that if it happened for us, Mum would be included. Each of us would wear something blue. I remember playing with Mum's ring before she officially divorced. It was so beautiful that carried so much weight." I drifted off for a moment

"You okay?" Liam asked and i shook my head of the thoughts

"Yes. Where was I.. on where to pop the question. Telling the Prime minister though that ones more of a courtesy so they don't get blindsided when bombarded with reporters. Humm what else...Oh there will be the official announcement, several ways to do that these days. And a interview or a talk about the engagement. Last but not least brainstorming idea for the venue. Just in case it's one of the big ones so they can know when to prepare, the rest will come later. my parents married in St Pauls." I pulled a face "No Chance."

"Why not?"

"Have you seen the size of that place? It's huge. I wouldn't even know half of them there. A royal wedding is just that Royal and half the time political, if your not marrying for the benefit of the country they your inviting those who are. Lord knows how William and Kate will do it." I carried on eating

"So what would you suggest to say someone marrying your cousins, Like Zara, Beatrice or Eugeine?"

"Ask granny. She may be the queen but she had a good eye." I shrug nonchalantly

------

31st October

Betty had come up for Halloween and we all squealed seeing each other. We ended up at one place where random people were just singing halloween songs." Melissa grabbed my arm

"We should do I put a spell on you. Like we did back at school." I smirk at her and the three of us signed up, when it was our turn. The three of us got up

dove cameron i put a spell on you

Coming of stage I was handed a drink. We spent the whole night talking, even when the three of us got back ups to our dorm room.

"Oh this is nice. I wish Annabelle was here as well." I pout kicking off my heals "Where is she these days.

"Having an extended gap year on Dad's payroll." Betty laughed "Her self world tour before she becomes all serious. She's supposed to be going to Newcastle next September."

"What does she plan on studying?" I wonder flopping on my bed.

"She did tell me but I can't remember." Melissa leant back on her bed with Betty next to her.

"Well we all need to get together. I miss her." I mumble relaxing and finally falling asleep after a long night with my best friends.

--------

The next mourning was rough. I showered and washed last night off, when the others woke up they did the same and we headed out for some breakfast to soak up what was left over from last night. We just spent time catching up before Liam joined us and got a grilling from Betty about making sure i was treated well or something very bad would befall him.