Chapter one - Family and Conversations

ROYAL ROMANCE OFFICIAL!

A KING FOR THE PRINCESS!

KING AND QUEEN OF NARNIA!

These were just a few headlines that had popped over the past 18 months, that Liam and I had been officially dating. Sometimes it was easy to forget that we weren't a normal couple and when we went to to things like have dates, half were in the privacy of the rented home that Liam got others were places that were public like amusement parks, rugby games, football games and concerts. When it was reported that I finally met Liam's family that sent the news wild.

Liam opened the door to his family home and we both stepped inside. I was dressed in a simple denim jeans stripped t-shirt with a warm coat and hug boots. His family had dressed up for the occasion.

"Welcome your highness." Mr Moseley bowed his head

" Mr Moseley. I'm the one thats in your home, please don't feel the need to be anything other than yourselves." I say "That goes for all of you. How about when I'm with Liam you just call me Aurora. it would make things a lot simpler." I saw them visibly relax

"It's nice to meet you, Aurora. Please call me Juliet" I shook her hand and then met Daisy and Ben.

"It's funny how the three of us are closer in age." I chuckle asJuliet and Peter were off doing something so it was just me with Liam and his siblings. "One year older and two years younger." i pointed to each of them

"But it's not as close as you and your cousin Eugeine right?" Daisy wondered

"Three months. I'm January, She's March." I answered nodding

"I've always what was it like growing up in palaces and boarding schools?" Ben questioned staring

"Ben!" Liam and Daisy exclaimed while I started laughing

"No, it's fine a lot of people are curious." I tell them "Well first off not everywhere is a palace. Kensington used to be a palace but these days it's been converted and separated into apartments. A Royal Complex, several family members live there mainly cousins of different removed. Clarence house is a much more scaled down though still big it's like a manor than a palace and Then Highgrove is just essentially one big house an oasis. Depending on the time of year depends where we go to.

As for boarding school is not as bad some people might think. Usually 4-6 girls live together. The same age and they can take into account if you know each other to not. So your more comfortable, that with all strangers." I answer and Benjamin nods in understanding.

"But you got to Balmoral and Sandringham."

"Also Windsor. The former two are for Summer or winter. I mainly go where either my father is or my Grandmother. But since I'm in uni I mainly stay in my dorm."

"Sorry i just have a lot of questions. Do you actually have a last name or not." Liam groaned as his brothers curiosity

"Technically no. Royals don't have last names but in some cases we have to take a last name. The general family one is Mountbatten-Windsor. For me and my brothers when we're at school or a establishment that needs a last name we use Wales. When i graduate, they will address me as Aurora Wales."

"But what if you marry?" Daisy wondered and it got a bit awkward

"Then I would take their last name. But since I'm a Princess of the blood and daughter of the heir apparent it would be in name only. If there was a child they would take their fathers last name and depending on the discussions before hand." Peter and Juliette came in

"What are we talking about?" Peter wondered they had changed into more comfortable clothing.

"Last names, marriage and babies." Benjamin replied "It's fascinating."

"They were curious to know the intricacies of being a royal." They nodded apprehensively

"Carry on, what discussions would there have to be?" Daisy leant forward

"Well..." I glance back at Liam then to Daisy "I think it's best we leave it there for now." This was a talk that Liam and i needed to have. Later that evening I was sat in bed reading when Liam got in beside me.

"What discussions?" he questioned and I paused from reading. I knew this was gonna come, his siblings had planted the seed and put miracle growth on it. "You said discussions, what would need to be talked about?" he questioned again and I rested my book down.

"Several ones over the relationship." I answered "With any normal couple they would talk about whether they wanted to get married, have kids maybe where they want to settle, maybe there careers."

"Yeah."

"Well there are those ones but there are also ones titles would I give mine up or would you take one. Do we want to be working members or do we want to go off on a different path. What would our security be like, I would still need security given who I am. It can be complicated and it can start arguments." I continue, this was not a conversation that i wanted to be started in his parents house.

"Well, what do you want to do?" he wondered

"Do we really have to have this conversation right now." he gave me this look that said yes with any words spoken. "I want help people, build bridges and bring awareness, between the people and the crown. Whether that is through being a art curator of the royal collection or doing engagements for charities or appearances . But I also want to be with you and I know that you might not want that. In which case I would chose you. Because I've learnt doing my duty is nothing without the right person in your life." He wrapped me into his arms and we were like that for a long time before we pulled away.

"I know that you've wanted to protect me. But I think it's time you tell me what I'm fully in for whatever the scenario if we're gonna last." I bit my lip and look down.

"If you insist." he nodded in confirmation "If we decide that we didn't want to be working members, that I would live in private with you chances are Granny would let me keep my HRH and title for protection but not use it. You would support us and we could live anywhere, you could continue your acting and I could get a job with my degrees, if we got married and had children I would take your last name officially any documentation official notice I would me Aurora Moseley, our children would have your last name as well, It would almost be celebrity status. If we behaved within reason kept ourselves to ourselves, we could live in peace maybe the scrutiny will die down."

"And the other option?" He questioned

"If you joined my world a few things could happen, that would require a conversation with Granny. There are the technicalities and then what the Queen decides, after talking with us she would act on that basis. Okay."

"Okay."

"Hypothetically, if you become a member of my family then you might be granted a title. Anything from a Dukedom downwards. The again you could try to pursue a different career and remain a Mister while i keep the official title as Princess but when I'm with you I would be Mrs. Then there would be the hypothetical children, again it combines at the discretion of us and my grandmother. They could be granted the title early of Prince or princess. That option would also available when my father becomes King, they could take a different title or be a lord or lady. Mistress or Master. You also have the choice to give up acting and become a working member of the family." I looked trying to think "I think I've covered most of it."

"Wow." he breathed

"Oh yes, whatever happens between us you need to prepare you family, the press can and might get a lot worse not just for you but for them. It won't just change your life but there and you need to tell them that."