Chapter Nine - Falling into place

-3rd Person-

Liam drove through the gates into more private entrance of Buckingham palace, and was escorted inside. He had been asked here by The Queen and he came while Aurora planned things for the holiday. He was escorted inside and to the Queen where he was announced and let in bowing his head

"William." Queen Elizabeth smiled. she wasn't alone, the royal jeweller was with her.

"Your Majesty." he shook her hand.

"I'm so glad you could come, where is my granddaughter when all this is going on?" She wondered

"Planning for our holiday."

"I assume she hasn't caught on to your true motives?". Liam shook his head

"No not yet. Though she grew suspicious on the phone with her head of security and bodyguard. I think she was expecting a different reaction. Little does he know he's been planning for it for a couple of months. I learnt quickly that if I want to surprise Aurora I need to clear it with James first." The Queen chuckled

"Wise thinking. Well, I suspect you're waiting." the turned to the crown jeweller who brought over the small box and opened it up showing it to Liam. He grinned looking down at the engagement ring.

"Sir?" he asked

"Brilliant. She'll love it. Thank you." he took the box and The Queen came over to see it in person

"It's most well done." She nodded to the jeweller "Our thanks." she dismissed him and Liam let her inspect it.

"A way of her mothers but not the same." Liam commented "What was she like? If you don't mind me asking?"

"Diana?" Liam nodded "In many ways she was like Aurora. Headstrong, kind, caring. But she wasn't easy to take to what it came with being a part of the family. I admit during that time, I didn't have the understanding that I do now. I hope that learning from their mothers death I've been able to support all three of them more." She handed the ring back to Liam.

"Diana, wanted them to have as close as to a normal life as possible. It brought her and the children even closer, showed that the next generation could be a lot more wiser than those before. While i am close with the people my title and status keep me from them in a way. William, Harry and Aurora all bridge that divide in a way. Though things did not end well between us and her. I know enough to know that she would have liked you."

"You think?" Liam wondered

"You make Aurora happy. That's all that would have mattered."

------

Liam then went to speak with James who would relay it to the security team. The two sat down, James was off duty at the moment but the two wanted to remain private.

"What else do you have for me William?" James wondered and Liam pulled out pictures handing it to him

"Cathedral cove."

"I remember." James nodded

" My plan is to work it into our trip. Aurora will assume we're reliving memories. That's where I plan to make a new one." James nodded "Think you can help?"

"I have done so far."

"I can't thank you enough for helping me with this. I hope your family doesn't mind me taking you away from the small time you have off." he took a sip of his coffee.

"They know i working on something, they've guessed what it is but I haven't said anything. So they're all right with the matter." James nodded to him and left with the pictures and coffee cup in hand.

When Liam returned home that afternoon, Aurora was asleep on the sofa with text books spawned over the coffee table. Smiling he grabbed the blanket that was on the back and draped it over her before hiding the ring and getting started on dinner.