Chapter Eleven - Gasp

We were officially under different names for travelling commercially to New Zealand and had a stop over. There were members of my security detail dotted all over the plane. Simple things made a disguise, I wore cap, glasses and my hair a different way.

"Why is it so funny when you wear a Clark Kent disguise?" Liam whispered in my ear

"Because it the simple things that change a look." I muttered back "When people get used to seeing you a certain way, the don't expect to see you and anything else." I fixed myself in as did Liam and we listened to the announcements before take off.

I took my book out and began reading. It was for sure going to be a long trip, so I brought a couple of books and was dressed comfy and warm. During the flight I read, talked with Liam did some applications for a position in the royal collection trust. We ate and I slept with an eye mask and a small travel pillow as did William at one point, then we landed and had to switch planes where is was the same thing. Nearly 24 hours later we touched down in Auckland. Liam had rented a house not far from the beech and with lots of privacy.

I looked out at the peacefulness and relaxed, no school or family matters. Nothing but peace and quiet, I could stay here forever. Liam wrapped his arms around me from behind and I leaned back into him. We stood there for a while and just enjoyed the moment. Then I went to shower and change from the long travelling and was much more refreshed. Liam did the same and then we cooked together.

"I can't believe we're back here?" I smile relaxing back in the chair "I doesn't feel real yet."

"I don't think it will be real until we go to Cathedral cove." he voiced wiping his mouth "What else have we got planned before then?" he wondered and I thought about it.

"Mainly going to the beech, there are some sight seeing little tourist things. Very accommodating given that were here as private people. I was so happy that we all got this done in such a short amount of time." It still blew my mind that we were able to get this done.

-------

We went hiking, rode on the pink cycle trail, went shopping, watched a movie at the open air cinema. We spent time together free of a lot of things and just enjoyed each others company. On the third day of our four day trip, we made the 2 hour drive together and then the 45 minute walk down to reach Cathedral cove. It was empty and silent.

"Where are all the people?" I question "I thought it would be filled with tourists."

"I don't know. Maybe we've just come at a quiet time." Liam shrugged. It was strange but I decided to take the advantage of the privacy and go down to my suit suit and turn to Liam with a big grin

"Last one in's a rotten egg." I took off running into the sea, laughing. Of course he just had to remove his shirt so he lost as I swam about and he eventually joined me. I splashed him and he looked stunned for a moment as I giggled, then hid did the same back. Dipping under the water I swam around for as long as i held my breath.

"I love you." Liam breathed when we came up for air and i wrapped my arms around him

"I love you too." We swam back to shore and it was another race that Liam won this time. He handed me he shirt and i slipped it on and turned around "I love it out here. nothings changed, we apart from the film crew and cast. Your f..." I turned around to speak to him but saw him on one knee holding up a ring. I covered my mouth.

"Aurora, as cheesy and cliche as it is to say. I have loved you from the first moment we met, there hasn't been anyone else and there will be no one else apart from you. Will you marry me?" I was stunned that I couldn't speak at first.

"Yes. Yes of course." He relaxed and took the ring out as i let my hand fully come away from my face, he took it and slipped the ring onto my finger. Standing up he wrapped his arms around me and i did the same, then he picked me up and twirled me around before setting me softly back down.

 Standing up he wrapped his arms around me and i did the same, then he picked me up and twirled me around before setting me softly back down

"I can't believe...is this really happening?" I ask

"Yes." he laughed "Yes" he whispered and then lowered his lips to mine. Happily returning the kiss I couldn't believe how far we had come to this moment five almost six years after meeting each other.

------

We returned back to the beech house a few hours later to the security team clapping for us as we had got to the car from Cathedral cove. On the trek back up everything actually clicked into place, they had known in advance beyond the phone call in the car. The plans we made had all actually been cleared before hand. Liam had planned this very well and down to the Tee.

We spent the next day just in the house Liam taking every opportunity on calling me his fiancee and then we made the same exhausting trip back to the UK and to London. Now into the month of July, I had two month before returning for my final year. Stepping off the plane and heading into the city I came to realise would be more busier than any school year I have had. When I we arrived back at the flat the first thing I wanted to do was tell the family. To be fair i struggled who to tell first. Dad or Granny. Yes it was hard but I settled with Dad first.