Chapter Fifteen - Sorting things out

-Aurora-

When did getting engagement pictures become so complicated? I had asked and Catherine had graciously accepted the request to do our engagement pictures that would be relayed to the media near the end of August. We had a few days till Dad would officially announce our engagement and this was one of the last important things to do before the announcement. We had roughly selected the Summer of next year and narrowed it down to two places in which we would have our nuptials. Liam was even getting baptised into the church of England officially. All of that had been done except these photos, no where seemed right.

Due to the aggravation while Liam, Catherine and William were talking I was on my laptop doing random things to calm myself down. I looked up 'Royal Engagements and looked through most were about my family and how they announced, more recently William and Catherine's engagement last year. So many had done it before us, so why were we stuck. I then scrolled through pictures and stopped. The image hitting me.

"Oh I'm so stupid." I slammed my laptop shut "I'll be right back give me like half an hour." I ran into my room and filtered through my wardrobe till I found it. My yellow dress, it was a modern take on a classic era. Then I sat down and did my hair in lose curls when Liam came in.

"Wanna tell me what that was about?" he asked

"We were stuck and then I got a idea." he stared at me through the mirror giving me a look to continue. "One of the things I'm known for is getting compared, Aurora shows tendencies of her mother or like her grandmother or her Aunt. Literally despite them saying I'm my own person when i do things it always turns to those before me. Our relationship has been compared to that of my grandparents, we met when young and have never let each other go." i then started to pin my hair back

"Okay?" he replied still not getting it.

"Granny wore a yellow dress in her engagement pictures with my grandpa, though you couldn't tell because the picture was black and white. At least when they talk about it this time there will be a actual reason not just the wave of a hand or a smile. It will be a nod to them."

"That sounds nice."

"And the we came change into something casual. They've opened frogmore house for the day anyway, so we can change and I ran a hand through my hair. You might want to pic something out though." he nodded understanding and grabbed a bag packing his things. Once my hair and make up were done. I dressed in the yellow dress and then packed a second pair of clothes.

"Finally, what's going on." there was a knock at the door and Liam went to answer it.

"One second." i grab my laptop "I'm going to print of reference photos for you." I logged on and printed a couple off. Harry came in and he stopped

"Whoa!" he stated and I went to grab the pictures from the printer and handed them to Catherine. I glanced back at Harry.

"For the prim and proper one." she and Will looked at them and the glanced up smiling

"That we can do." The five of us made the hour drive to Windsor and were let in and look our things into frogmore house. Harry, Kate and Will talked with each other talking to each other and then opened the doors before lining up where she could take pictures.

"You look beautiful." Liam commented making me look at him and smiled

"You look handsome, here." I fixed his tie and there were a few clicks and we looked over and Catherine snapping pictures.

"Couldn't resist." we then came out arm in arm smiling and she took more pictures some with us looking at each other. They were a nod to my grandparents. Then we got changed Liam was done before me because I plaited my hair. Once I was satisfied with it I came out seeing they were all talking. Catherine saw me and i put a finger to my lips as she smiled then I jumped on Liam's back.

"oh shit!" he jumped making me giggle "You scared me." she took pictures and I kissed his cheek. The others laughed and Liam turned me around while still keeping my legs wrapped around his waist.

-------

Catherine had printed a selection of pictures off and we went to show them to my father and grandmother. Two days before Granny left for Balmoral and before the announcement we entered Buckingham palace to show her the pictures. After we gave our respective greetings I laid out the collection of ten pictures as we looked over them.

"Oh yes, these are well done, very well done." Granny commented "Are these...." she trailed off as she picked up the one that we modelled after her and Grandpa.

"Yes." I smile "I figured and Liam agreed that since our relationship is often at times compared to you and grandpa, we'd reflect that in a nod to the two of you."

"We were hoping that you'd approve that as the one of the official one's" Granny handed it to Dad and I saw that she melted a little.

"I think it's quite sweet. Did you give your thanks to Catherine?" Dad asked us

"We did and William and Harry. And just for family only Catherine captured this." I took out the eleventh photo where it was Liam and I in the front kissing and then William and Harry with their arms folded behind us and staring at each other with disapproval. Granny and Dad laughed at the sight. Dad picked it up

"This one has to be my favourite, I think I might need a copy of this. Yes this one is my favourite out of them all." Dad found it highly amusing

"Yes, that will certainly amusing the family. Have you picked the ones you want to release to the public?" Granny was still chucking when she asked

"We couldn't decide on two but three. these three." Liam picked them out the one that granny had picked up in the first place, one where Liam dipped me down and the final one was Liam holding onto me and myself holding onto his arm showing off my ring.

"Yes, Yes. I like those." she approved them and i glanced to Liam with a grin

" she approved them and i glanced to Liam with a grin