Chapter 52

"I killed him," I reply, my mouth starting to curl up. Mom kneels to the ground, all her energy gone. She manages to crawl over to Hakuto's body, where she tries in vain to wake him up. That dumb b*tch.

"Y- you!" Dad stutters over his words, pointing his finger at me. Natsuki, tears streaming down her red face, holds up her phone.

"I- I'm gonna call- call the police!" She shouts with difficulty. Her trembling finger presses on the numbers one by one.

 Without saying anything, I raise the knife. Then, I turn my body towards Mom, who is still on the ground. She doesn't notice me. I stare at her vulnerable back.

"S- Stop!" Dad yells. Meanwhile, Natsuki is finished entering the numbers.

She threatens me in a pathetic voice, "P- Put down the knife! Or I'll, I'll call!" I turn my head towards Natsuki with venom in my eyes.

"Let's change that up a bit," I say smoothly, "Put the phone down," I kneel down on one knee and rest the knife on Mom's back. Adding a little strength to my arms, I earn a pained moan from Mom. A small amount of blood leaks through her clothes and rolls down her back. Natsuki doesn't move, fear embedded in her rigid body. I'm smiling at the sight.

"Put the phone down," I repeat, "Or she dies too,"

"N- Natsuki!" Dad yells hurriedly, "Put it down!" When Natsuki still stays still, Dad clumsily rushes over to her and hits her arm. The phone flies out of her shaking hands and lands on the hard floor with a crack. The phone is probably broken.

"Let- let her go!" Dad yells at me, backing off. Mom whimpers and a small pool of tears form on the ground below her face. Without any words, I stand up, cleaning the blood-covered blade on my clothes. Roughly, I kick her back, earning another scream of pain and agony.

Mom stands up with trembling legs, biting down on her lips. She takes in short, shuddering breaths, and takes a step towards the rest of her family. Then a smile forms on my lips, the grip on the knife tightening again. With a swift and smooth move, I have thrown the blade at her back.

"Aghhh!!!" Her tortured yell rings around the silent room, and horrified eyes stare at her.

"Y- You!!" Natsuki glares at me with swimming eyes. A smile escapes my lips.

Dad starts talking through his crying screams, grasping Mom's lifeless body, "You said-!"

"I let her go," I say, shrugging, then I smirk, "Just not alive,"

"I- I f*cking hate you!" Natuski yells at me, tears streaming down her red face, "We should have never brought you home!!"

"Just noticed?" I mock, putting my hands in my pocket. The knife is still in Mom's back.

Then I call, "Itami," The wound on my neck explodes with blood as the eyeball appears. I roughly wipe the blood away with the sleeves of my clothes.

"Nice job, nice job," He compliments. I show no reaction. He floats over to the two bodies, shooing Dad away with a simple flick of his veins. Natsuki and Dad back away, terrified. Itami extends the veins at his back, making the pools of blood float over to the strings of flesh.

"W- What?!" Natuski stutters. Dad is on the floor, his face white with fear and horror. I'm silently watching the scene.

The bodies soon turn a rotten shade of white; all their blood drained out.

Then, someone shakes my body.

"Ngh..." I groan as my eyes open wide. I feel something wet on my face, and when I realize they're tears, I wipe it away with my hand. And when I look down, I see my hand covered in blood, although there are no wounds. They must have healed while I was sleeping. I roughly wipe my hand on the white sheet below me, staining it red.

"Sujiko, konbu takana?"

(642 words)