Chapter 60

"Haneki!"

My body relaxes as I hear my name.

I recognized the familiar voice of Gojo-sensei, and something felt lighter in me. As if a heavy feeling had been lifted off my shoulders.

"Sensei..." I call out his name, weakly shooting a grin.

He'll be better at keeping Inumaki safe here.

"..." Gojo-Sensei doesn't say anything as he kneels down in front of me. Although the blindfold is covering his eyes, I feel his worried gaze on me.

"Be more careful... will you?" He finally says after a long pause, standing back up. I hear him mutter something, but I don't quite catch it.

"What even happened?" He sighs, eyeing the blood on the floor and my wounds, "How strong does a Cursed Spirit need to be to do that to you?" He raises an eyebrow, putting his hands inside his pockets.

I open my mouth to speak, but no words come out. I wince in pain as air enters my raw-scraped lungs. I let out another exhasburated laugh, flinching again.

The world loses focus again, and everything starts sounding like it is underwater. All the energy in me seems to have drained away as my body falls backwards. My back hits the hard, concrete floor with a light thud.

Random stars spark throughout my vision, and my eyelids start feeling heavy. It's only after I don't see and hear anything that I realize I have fainted again.

Mini Time Skip

By the time I gained my consciousness again, my wounds had healed-- thanks to Itami. If all the blood wasn't smeared all over me, no one would have known I was injured. When I open my eyes, I realize that I'm in my room. Someone must have brought me here.

"Ngh..." I groan as I heave myself out of the bed. After a short stretch, I head to the bathroom to wash off the blood.

Slowly, the warm water starts to peel the dried blood away from my skin. The dark, red, water swirls down the drain.

When I step out of the restroom, water still dripping off my hair, I spot two people and a panda in my room.

"What-" Surprised, I raise an eyebrow at Maki, Inumaki, and Panda. All three of them look serious, and worried. I stop in front of them, hands in my pockets.

I look down at them, "What happened?"

"Uh... you're not going to like this," Panda starts speaking first, as he takes Inumaki's phone away from his hand and hands it to me.

"Hm?" I stare at the screen given to me.

I squint my eyes at the blurry picture of a siluette. The person has white hair, and is wearing a hoodie. Everything else is too blurry to make out.

The caption below says:

isnt this the person from the news that killed her family and committed suicide???

"I think that's you," Maki says, crossing her arms.

"F*ck,"

(464 words)

im so sry for the late update +no announcement about it. schools getting busy so i prob won't have weekly updates for a while.... sryyyyy