Chapter Twelve

The boy stood up and took a look outside to see if someone is hiding and trying to lure them out. When he is sure that no one is around, he signals to Ezra and his twin to go out and continue their way out of here.

    They started walking again, the twins cautiously looking at every corner afraid to bump into those people.

   Ezra stared at them "when you said you were born here, is that true?" She ask, the twins stopped for a moment and continued walking. After some time, Ezra didn't hear any answer, so she didn't ask anymore question.

    "Yes" the girl said after a while

    "My name is Winnie and he is Miles. Our father is a soldier who died in the war. Our mother was pregnant with us when our grandparents kick her out in here to die. But our mother fought to live for our sake. When we were five years old, some gangster took her away and she never came back. It was heard that she died after the gangster found a new toy to play with. Since then, we took care of eachother. We explore this place from every corner and knows all the secret passages so don't worry!!" She explained while smiling but her eyes are full of sadness and anger to the people who hurt them.

    Ezra became certain that she needs to help them before she leaves with Kairo. She just couldn't let two teenagers live here any longer, not after hearing their story and the people chasing them. They are not safe here.

    "Where here, this is the gate towards the city. You only need to follow this road and you'll be out! Now, please give us our rewards" Miles said, holding out his hands to Ezra.

    Ezra stared at them, thinking of what should she do to help them.

    The twins became nervous, afraid that she will not pay for their help. They really need money right now because they didn't eat for more than a week. Other teenagers like them beat them and stole their food yesterday. They have many bruises and wound around their body.

     "Follow me" Ezra said an walks ahead. The twins stared at her, not moving. "I will give you a much better reward than money" Ezra added.

    The twins looks at eachother and follow Ezra to the city.

     "Okay Madam, this mansion is yours" said the man an shake hands with Ezra before leaving happily.

     The twins looks at the mansion and to Ezra wide eyes.

    "This places will be your new home. I already hired professional people to take care of you and this place. Your clothes will be delivered at any moment now" Ezra explained and just like that, they heard three delivery van stopped behind them. Workers then, started unloading clothes after clothes.

    Many people also started arriving and helps the worker. They are the people hired by Ezra.

    The twins still couldn't believe what they are seeing.

   "Don't worry, I'll be the one paying them all and you can ask them money, they will give it to you. So, you can both buy anything you want"

  The twins are speechless

  'Are we dreaming?'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
   Hello guys thank you for reading my story. I'm just writing this note to let you know that maybe the next update will be a little late because I'm sick so yeah. But I'll do my best to not let that happen. Happy reading!