Chapter Eleven

Ezra is lost. When she followed her way back, she couldn't find the right path to go. It's like the buildings and alleyways change there position just to confuse her.

     She tried to use her navigation and her other powers but couldn't because she overused it last night from bringing Kairo to the clinic.

    Ezra still walks around, trying to find a way out of here. When she encounters the same run down house for the fifth time, she stopped. Thinking of a better way to get out, but suddenly she heard voices.

    "Did you find her?" 1 man
    "No" 2 man
    "Keep looking! She will regret beating as up!" 1 man said angrily
       "Yes!"

     Ezra hide in a dark corner and saw a group of people she had just beaten before finding the herb store. They are carrying many weapons like guns, bats, and even a grenade.

    'so, they want revenge' she thought

     She didn't go out to fight them and still hid in the darkness, observing them. Even though she can beat them in seconds but  she couldn't guarantee the safety of this place. So, she hesitated a little, knowing that even if this place is trash, many innocent people are still living here and can get hurt if she fight them head on. Especially that they are at the center and most crowded place in the Gangster's Layer.

    When she was thinking of a solution. She heard the smallest movement near her. Ezra became alert immediately and turned her head to that direction, but she only saw two very malnourished teenager boy and girl dress in tattered clothes, looking at her with determination.

'They are twins' she thought

   "We can help you get out of here" the boy said but Ezra just looks at them, still alert and not trusting his words.

    Seeing her distrust eyes, both of the teenagers smiled bitterly but couldn't blame her for it.

   "In exchange of helping you, all we wanted is some money to buy food. Any amount will do and we promise that we are not lying" he said again, trying to convince Ezra. "Yes!! We are not lying to you!! We are born here and we know the way out!!" The girl said

   Ezra just looked at them in the eyes and saw that they are not lying but she still hesitated.

    "I found her!! She's in the corner!!" A man cried out angrily.

    With that, Ezra didn't hesitate anymore and followed the two teenagers in many dark passages.

    A group of people is chasing after them. They took many corners in hopes of lossing them but they still stubbornly follows them.

    The twins didn't have anymore choice and go to their hide out. They let Ezra come in the smallest space between the two building. Its full of trash and junks but for the twins, they are treasure that they collected and fought for years.

    They hid inside a make shift house. The boy then locked the door, and sat next to the girl. Ezra looks around and found that the place is clean and neat. She is impress.

    After some minutes, they heard footsteps coming from outside. The twins didn't make any noise, afraid that the people outside will find them and kill them all.

     They both sigh in relief when they couldn't hear any noise outside and stared at Ezra with curiousity.

     'what is a beautiful girl come here for?' They thought