Chapter Four

Ezra decided to not rush on choosing the name of the fox cub. It needs to be meaningful and suitable for him. Setting this matter aside for later, Ezra started building furnitures.

She started from the bed, to the cabinets, closets, chairs, and the base of the sofa.

Half way of her work, the fox cub woke up and demanded food. Ezra look at the time and realize its time for lunch.

"I'm going to go out for a while cub, stay here, don't make trouble" she said but the baby fox just tilted his head in confusion. 'I think he doesn't understand me. He is still young after all' Ezra thought.

To feel at ease, Ezra took the fox cub with her to find edible fruits and other ingredients for a soup. The sky is turning black fast, a thunder storm is coming and it's good to have a hot soup to keep the body warm. They don't have any blanket or any clothes that can protect them from the cold for the time being. Although, she built a fire place, she is still a little worried that the baby fox will get cold.

They hurried back after picking some wild berries and vegetables. When they got home, the rain started pouring heavily.

Ezra started cooking immediately. While cooking, she receive a strange signal trying to locate her position. She slightly frowned. Who could they be?? She knows that they are not her creators. They draw the line after they let her free. So, who could it be??

Blocking the signal, Ezra continued cooking. She put the soup at her newly made wood bowl and put it at the table to let it cool a little. When the soup slightly cooled down, she served it to the little cub who is jumping in excitement to taste a cooked food for the first time.

They both finish their bowls and rest in front of the fire place.

Suddenly, lightning strike one by one. The fox cub was frightened, but he stand firm in front of Ezra. As if protecting Ezra from the thunders outside. Ezra look at the shaking figure of the cub. She was moved. She didn't expect that even that the cub is afraid, he is still trying to protect her. He is the first one who did this to her and suddenly, a perfect name came to her mind.

"Kairo, your name will be Kairo" she said. The fox cub or Kairo stopped shaking and looks at her. His rubby eyes shining "it's meaning is 'victorious one'. You will be victorious to everything you do. You will face anything and everything bravely even when your afraid. You will overcome all of them, Kairo" Ezra said.

As if understanding what Ezra's words mean, Kairo run towards her and give her a bear hug. He is no longer afraid, he got Ezra by his side now. He is not alone, they are not alone anymore.

They fell asleep like that, their surroundings are cold but their hearts are warm. Unknown to them, their bond was stronger than before.

On the other side of the world

"She blocked me" the unknown man said feeling disappointed "as expected. She is my hero after all but I can't give up until I find you. Ezra" he said with a smile painted in his face.