Chapter 19

Hello again! I hope you enjoy!

********

"I have to go to work!"

My hands were tangled in Viper's hair, and I was grinning down at her in bed. We were both naked, but covered by my sheets, and I wanted to keep her here. Now that we were even semi-official, I really couldn't get enough of her.

"I wish I could go with you," I sighed and kissed her again. Viper hummed and grinned back at me.

"You also have a job to do," she gently removed my hands from her and started to sit up, "plus, that would certainly be breaking my cover, wouldn't it?"

"I guess," I reluctantly agreed. We both had lives, and I needed to go back to routine. I'd even missed a day or two in my medication in my focus on her. I couldn't lose myself and my health to her, as much as I loved her.

We got out of bed and dressed separately, with stolen touches from both her and my side. I grabbed a stray bottle of water off of my nightstand and swallowed my daily pill before holding the door open to her. Viper pulled on her last boot and stood, kissing my cheek as she left the room.

I poured Viper a cup of to-go coffee and smiled at her.

"Have a great day at work. Text me if you need me," I told her and kissed her lips.

"Ugh," she grimaced, "we're going in this early to do a deep cleaning. I'm talking hands and knees on the floor scrubbing."

"Well, when you get home, you can be on your hands and knees for a different reason?" I snickered when Viper punched my arm, then slapped me on the back of the head. After I got done laughing, she grabbed me by the front of my shirt until our lips were almost touching.

"Either I'm on my back tonight, or your the one on your damn hands and knees. Either way, you're doing all of the work," Viper whispered. There was another moment of silence before she pecked my cheek and sauntered away. Someone cleared their throat, and I turned to see Sniper, Rampage, and a prospect sitting at the kitchen table.

Sniper was snickering, the prospect wouldn't look at me, and Rampage's face was oddly red as he growled and stormed away.

"Not a word," I sighed. I didn't want to make eye contact with them again. I grabbed a PopTart and made my way outside just as Viper's bike roared from the lot.

"Mijo!" My mother said loudly behind me before smacking my arm. Just how many times was I going to get hit this morning?

"Good morning, mamá," I said and kissed her cheek.

"I know for a fact I told you to stop eating that processed, sugary crap this early in the morning," she growled. I swung the PopTart behind me as if she hadn't already seen it, and sighed.

"I am an adult man, mom. I am allowed to choose what I have for breakfast," I defended.

"An adult man who eats children's breakfasts?" My mother raised an eyebrow. Okay, I guess she had me there.

"It is my choice, mom."

"A growing boy like you should be eating a full, hearty breakfast!" She said loudly. We were right by the front door, and Sniper slipped by us sipping on his coffee and chuckling.

"Not a damn word, Sniper!" I shouted. "Mom, I love you, but I'm no longer a growing boy. I have a job to do. I'll talk to you later." I walked away from her while I waved the toaster pastry above my head. I jogged to my spot on the tower, collapsed into the chair, and put my feet up. Today would be an easy day.