Chapter 7

Woohoo! Here's your next chapter. I can't wait for you guys to see the rest of the story!

********

Viper wasn't hanging around much.

She stayed at the bar downtown most of her time. The club only saw her when she came for her weekly meeting with Pres. Nothing exciting had happened yet.

I had a run this morning and happily popped my pill in my mouth, then took a sip of my juice and walked away from the kitchen. Sniper was waiting by the front door, leaning next to it and smiling down at his phone.

"Ready?" I said as I walked a few feet to my own bike. He nodded, pocketed his phone, and swung his leg over his bike to sit down. Occasionally, when I looked at him, I saw his face from the tower as the ground started to rumble. I see his body flying almost ten feet away—

"Hey!" Sniper said through his helmet. "Let's go." I nodded and revved my bike before taking off and making a right out of the compound. This was one of my rare runs that weren't in the morning. Sniper decided to be an annoying little fucker and try to race me, but I—

"Rooster?" Comp's voice came through my earpiece.

"Yeah?" I grunted as I pushed my gas heavy to push past Sniper.

"Someone's been calling you. Three missed calls and they're calling again. Can I patch them in?" I could hear him typing on his keyboard.

"No contact info?"

"I'm searching now," he muttered.

"Patch them in," I ordered. He muttered again, under his breath, and clicked his mouse before I lost contact with him. "Hello?"

"Por favor, responde! Por favor! Dios mio!" A woman's voice was shaky through my speaker.

"Carla?" I questioned. I waved my arm at Sniper to slow down, but he didn't see me and pushed his bike faster.

"Benny, por favor, someone is here!" She cried into the phone. I slowed down so quickly Sniper noticed and pulled onto the shoulder ahead. I moved my bike next to his and lifted my visor so he could hear.

"Carla, breath. Is everything okay? What's going on?" Before she could answer, yelling sounded in the background, followed by two gunshots and several screams. I shouted her name one more time Sniper pulled off his helmet and looked at me in confusion.

"What's going on?" He said loudly over the sound of a car driving by.

"We're turning around," I announced. "Comp, are cops there yet?"

"Where is she? I'm trying to track her phone, but it's a dead end," he asked.

"Stoye's Pharmacy on 23rd. Possible shooting or a robbery," I said. Sniper raised his brows and lifted his own visor up.

"A call was made to 911 from a bystander thirty seconds ago. Minus two-minutes until cops arrive," Comp announced.

"Pres is going to kill us for not going on this run. Who's there?" Sniper waited for the reason I stopped.

"It doesn't matter. I'll take the blame. Let's go!" I pushed my bike towards the other direction, threw my leg over, and started it up. I was thankful Sniper was quick to follow, and Comp was giving updates in my ear.

"News chopper above the pharmacy, be careful," Comp ordered. He was still typing.

"You got a legal piece on you?" I asked Sniper.