TR15

The next day, I had to giving the techs a walking tour of the entire prison which took way longer than it normally would on account of their need to digitally mapping every inch. Running tests on pressure points, wall density weakness in infrastructure and probably a few dozen other things that I never even knew existed.

I mused on my white lie to Jack yesterday, I'm not even entirely sure that it was a white lie, or even a lie. I think it's a legend, or at least is one form of the legend I'm pretty sure it was told before children went to bed, what were they called again? Fairy tales? Fables? I don't know. For Earth kids I mean, like if you don't behave I'll send you to Arston. Only here, as we were already on Arston they used to tell us that there was a curse against naughty kids.

Well, they only ever really told me that as I'm the youngest. I'm not even sure why I said that to Jack, it was mainly as I didn't want him to be even more worried than he already was, especially about something we didn't know anything about. I suppose the new development in my life could be a manifestation of my dreams but as much as my dreams hurt they had never hurt me.

I sigh, life was so complicated and I didn't see it getting any easier for a while. I reach the vampire wing, treading on my tiptoes, thanks to the techs they had a rather rude awakening earlier, which I didn't want to subject them to again. I stealthily made my way to Vlad's private library which I knew vaguely how to get to, not very reassuring I know, plus I'm quite certain that the plan involves walking through his bedroom.

Or did it just mean it was right next to his bedroom?

Either way.

I stood outside his room deliberating, it could be this door to the right, or it could be the door in front of me which was most definitely his bedroom. Truthfully, I was kind of scared that I would see things that I didn't want to see, he once told me I would never want to come to his room when he was sleeping. Maybe because he was slept naked or whatever, but right now that was the cause ofmy reluctance.

In order to preserve my eyes, I'm going to try the door to the right first and only use his room as a last resort. I push the door open slowly, fumbling for a light switch only to be hit by a small object, I pull on the string shutting my eyes to protect them from the piercing light.

Moments later, I am greeted with the welcome sight of books all around me. Books glorious books, something something something, thank goodness for libraries. ..

Or so I think the song goes.

There was definitely something special about libraries, it wasn't a physical aspect that I could point out to you. It was just the way they made you feel, each had a different feeling but each achieved it in different ways. For example, this particular library made me feel comforted as if I was being hugged by the books, and in a different library I might feel differently.

One of the best feelings ever.

I look at the various tomes around me, they looked amazingly beautiful bound in leather in all the colours and sizes you could imagine. I pick one at random open it to any page and inhale, it still had that new book smell, despite the probability that it was older than me. I wasn't even sure what all these books were about but I'm pretty sure there should be a few about legends here.