TR5

Suffice to say, whatever I was expecting when I reached here was nothing like what I’m actually seeing. You know that feeling? The one where you’re not entirely convinced that something is actually happening because you always thought the chances of it happening were pretty damn slim? Yeah, that one.

What’s it called again?

Oh, that’s right.

Surreal.

This is so freaking surreal, I’m here in what is clearly Felix’s place except it looks nothing like I’d expect it to. Even though out wings were adapted to ensure that we had everything we need to survive in them we still knew that they were not our homes. Sure, those of us who had grown up in them deluded ourselves into thinking they were our homes but deep down we knew they weren’t, we knew this was a prison.

But the thing about Felix’s room is that, well this was nothing like a prison at all. This looked like a home, it had a roaring fire with thick, fluffy rugs and comfy looking leather chairs right beside it. A library, a kitchen, it all looked amazing. A door way that presumably led to a bedroom and bathroom. If out prison was as comfy looking as Felix’s room maybe I wouldn’t complain as much – but I’d probably get lonely.

“Done staring?” A voice startles me out of my reverie. I look up to see a middle aged man, maybe or he may just be any number of the creatures that don’t age as fast as humans do which leaves the matter of his age a very wide spectrum. I look at his face and see the very face that appeared in my dream or was it his voice? Either way, I discover that this dude has somehow, in whatever form made it in my dreams.

“How did you get in my dream?” I ask, forgoing all other curtseys like ‘hi’ or ‘how are you?’ You know, stuff normal people would say as a greeting.

Thankfully he doesn’t try to put some random hex on that’ll turn me into a frog out of offense but he simply laughs, “Princess, you are too inpatient all will be revealed in time.”

He leads me into the kitchen area, “are you hungry?” He asks and promptly pulls out numerous dishes from the oven, “I have been awaiting your arrival – we have a busy night, there is much you need to know and not enough time for me to tell you. Eat up, you will need your energy.”

Embarrassingly, as soon as my eyes see the food my stomach rumbles loudly reminding me that I haven’t had any food for at least a day. Instead of laughing at me, Felix simply hands me a plate and my cutlery and I dig in shamelessly. Despite the towers reputation and Felix’s seemingly shady character I feel at ease here and have more of a sense of home than I have ever remembered having since, well, forever really. It was extremely odd that of all places here was where I felt at ease but instead of over analysing why I feel this way I’m just going to savour the feeling that I belong without digging too deep. After all, Felix promised me some answers tonight and maybe this might be one of them.

Once we had eaten, I was led into the library and handed the most amazingly aromatic cup of coffee and was almost salivating at the mere smell this better not disappoint my taste buds.

“You must have many questions, Anna and tonight I shall attempt to answer all of then for you, but first I must tell you a story one which you must pay great heed. It was written a long time ago, when the humans ruled Earth and my people were still in hiding.