TR4

When Jack said he’s not letting me out of his sight he meant it. Wholeheartedly. To the extent that I didn’t even get to talk to Leila alone, which Jack insisted on sitting there right next to us while Leila ranted at me for being stupid and ‘Really Anna, out of all the stupid most dangerous things to do on Arston, you do this one?’

To which my reply was shrugging noncommittally and not really saying anything. I was packed and ready to go, as the letter advised me to and Jack kept insisting that I ate way more than I usually do just in case I never received any food for the time I was there. Somehow that seemed unlikely, after all Felix too would need to eat right?

Despite the buzz of me going, I wasn’t called to get my things until the next day, at dusk.

“Remember what I told you, okay? The tower is dangerous, there will be many trials and each will be in a different form. I really wish I’d stopped you from doing this now,” Jack states hugging me to within an inch of my life.

“You be careful out there chick. I want you back. In one piece and breathing, ‘kay?” Leila says, her eyes tearing up, “I feel like a mother letting go of her baby for the first time.” Then she too proceeds to give me a hug that cut off my airways.

I wave to them as I’m escorted to the guards area of the prison, my nerves only starting to kick in now, in full force.  I’m lead to a seat and am told the guard escorting me will be here in a few minutes.

I really don’t want to wait like this, it seems like now is the worst time to get me to wait. I can only seem to think of the trials and what they would look like, what form they would come in and how they would try to get under my skin. All the worst possibilities were coming to me, my mind conjuring the hundreds of ways I could die.

Death by stabbing. Death by poison. Plunging to death. Death by nightmare. Death by hallucination. Death by – (I need more!)

Okay, I had to stop this. It’s ridiculous! I’m not going to sit here and wait until I’ve listed a hundred ways in which I could die. No way. Whatever happens in that tower I was going to defeat it. I was going to go up there and get answers from Felix, so help me I shall.

I’m sure it had been more than a few minutes, where was my escort? I look around the empty room and notice nobody, getting up I try making my way to the main desk where I could usually find someone to help. But it way empty, why was it empty? It’s never empty!

I looked around a little more to find the whole place was deserted, this was really odd. Looking around I made a mental map of my surroundings and went exploring throughout the different rooms adding to my map as I did so. Why did this seem bigger than it did before?

Probably because I’d never had the pleasure of ever exploring these rooms before, other then the main room there were a handful of smaller rooms. A meeting room, a small kitchenette dining area, toilets, a living area, office and a store room. Which room then would lead to wherever I would need to go to get to the tower?

I guess, it’s only fair I check out all of them.