xiv. The Most Awful Time of the Year part II

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧.
s𝟶𝟹ᴇ𝟷𝟸 - ʜᴏʟɪᴅᴀʏ ᴘᴀʀᴛ ɪɪ

‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒

           "Are you ready for our big show?" Craig asked, walking up to Mickey in the hallway and kissing her.

"As long as I'm with you," Mickey said. Although she was actually rather nervous, the last time she'd performed in front of the school it went pretty badly. She had literality ran off the stage, but hopefully with Craig by her side that wouldn't happen this time.

"You'll always have me," Craig said, making Mickey smile. She was so grateful at least this part of her happy life was still intact.

          The couple turned down another hallway, and Mickey spotted Arlo at his locker. "Um," Mickey said, looking up at her boyfriend. "I need to check something. I'll catch up with you later,". Mickey kissed Craig goodbye and excused herself, heading over to her half-brother.

"So, what's it like?" Mickey asked, stepping up to the older boy.

"Um, what?" Arlo asked, looking over at the girl with a confused look on his face. It wasn't often Mickey started conversations with him.

"Your house, the one I'm being forced to move into," Mickey clarified, "I assume you're up to date on all that."

"Yeah," Arlo said, looking around, "Are you sure you want to be seen talking to me? I thought you didn't want anyone to know?".

"I-," Mickey stuttered. "look I'm trying to bury the hatchet here. Besides, it's going to come out once I move, isn't it?"

"Yeah, I guess," Arlo agreed, closing his locker.

"So, no more bad blood," Mickey said. "We have to figure out how to live with one another."

"no more bad blood," Arlo agreed. 

           The two fell silent for a moment before Arlo spoke again. "Empty,"

"What?" mickey asked, confused.

"The house you'll be moving into. Empty," Arlo explained. "I mean there's furniture and everything, but my mom is leaving else where well she and dad go to marriage counselling,"

"I'm sorry," Mickey said.

"Hey maybe, you'll bring some new life to the place,"

"Maybe," Mickey said, but she doubted it.

‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒