x. There's something off with Rick

warning: this chapter contains mention of domestic abuse, reading with caution or just skip this chapter altogether if you wish.

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐞𝐧.
s𝟶𝟹ᴇ𝟷𝟶 - ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ɢᴏɴɴᴀ ɢɪᴠᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴜᴘ

‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒

        Arlo entered the gym with the rest of the English class, sitting down next to the rest of the members of his group, he was working in a group with Marco, Hazel, Jimmy, Terri and some guy he'd only just met named Rick. Apparently, Rick and Terri were dating, but there was something about Rick that Arlo wasn't a fan of, he just could pinpoint what.  Although he decided he would give him a chance, Arlo still didn't have many friends at Degrassi or any friends. Jimmy didn't seem to like him for some reason and he thought he and Craig were becoming friends, Craig was now being pretty hostile towards him.

"Shhh. All right class, today we're going to start our scene studies. I was pleased that one group is even performing an original scene, written by our budding playwright Marco. So, let us start rehearsing," Ms. Kwan said to the class and the class broke up into their groups.

Arlo stood up with his group getting into a circle. "Okay guys, since I wrote this, I sort of don't feel like directing," Marco informed the group.

"And I don't want to act. So say hello to your new director," Jimmy said.

Rick scoffed, turning to Jimmy. "Well no offence, Jim, but the theatre is in my blood. My mother walked the boards at Stratford for ten years," 

"Maybe you can stage-manage," Jimmy suggested.

"All right," Rick scoffed again. "Who knows? I might even teach Jim a few tricks of the trade." The group fell silent for a moment, not sure what to say to Rick's cockiness.

"Casting," Jimmy said, moving on. "Marco will play Ray. Arlo will play the doctor. Hazel will play Nurse Meg, and our female lead will be played by Terri MacGregor," 

 "Me? Really?" Terri asked happily, giving Jimmy a quick side hug, Which Rick didn't seem too happy about.

"Cool, so let's get started," Jimmy said, and he, Arlo, Hazel and Marco got to work, Terri and Rick joining them a moment later.

‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒

        "Mama?" Marco said, holding out his hand as he lay on the bed, the group had set up as part of the stage set.