ii. Emma's got Daddy Issues

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐨.
s03ᴇ02 - ғᴀᴛʜᴇʀ ғɪɢᴜʀᴇ ᴘᴀʀᴛ ɪɪ

‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒

            The Next morning Mickey sat at her desk in Ms. Kwan's classroom, fiddling with the locker she found. She was going to put it back in the box and act like she never saw it but she couldn't convince herself to do it, so she just put the note back, closed the box and put it back into the drawer. A paper airplane flew over her head as Emma entered the classroom, running up to Sean. "Sean, I found Shane's address," Mickey overheard Emma say.

"Cool," Shane muttered.

"I know, I barely slept last night, so come on, we gotta..." Emma started but Sean cut her off. 

"Whoa, easy. I got grade 10 shop after this," He said 

"Don't you think that finding my birth dad is a little more important?" 

"Emma, why skip? We'll go this weekend," Sean said. Emma turned to leave but Sean called to her.

"Emma... " Sean sighed

"Fine. Whatever. I wouldn't want you to get in trouble," Emma said, sitting down in her chair as the bell rang. Mickey grabbed a piece of paper from her notebook and a pencil, scrubbed down a note and passed it to Emma.

"Class, can we please settle down and get to work?" Ms. Kwan said, entering the room and closing the door behind her. Mickey looked over to Emma, who handed the note back to Mickey.

Mickey read over the note. At the top, she had written 'Heard what you and sean were talking about I'm done to help you find your dad, today'. Then under that Emma had written back 'After Class'. Mickey turned and nodded to Emma.

‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒

            Emma and Mickey were headed to the front of the school so they could sneak out and go find Emma's dad. On the way to the front door, the two girls noticed Craig and made their way over to him. "Craig, what are you doing right now?" Emma asked the older boy. 

"Going to art class," Craig answered.

"Do you really want to go?" Mickey asked.

"Instead of..." Craig prompted.

"Finding my father. I've got his address," Emma said, Craig looked reluctantly at the two girls.

"Sean won't go with us, and Manny's mom would kill her if she skipped," Emma said.