xi. The Most Wonderful Time of the Year

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐄𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐄𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧.
s𝟶𝟹ᴇ𝟷𝟷 - ʜᴏʟɪᴅᴀʏ ᴘᴀʀᴛ ɪ

‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒

          "It's perfect," Joey said, looking up at his family Christmas tree. Mickey looked up at the tree from where she sat in a chair, cuddled up with Craig, in front of her Emma walked in front of the couple holding her adorable baby brother. Mickey had been invited to the Jeremiah household for a tree-trimming party, at first Mickey wasn't sure about going because it would mainly be Joey's friends, but Craig assured her it would be fun she agreed, and so it turned out Emma was going too.

"Almost," Joey's girlfriend, Sydney commented looking at the tree as well. "Craig?". Craig looked over to Joey and Sydney. "

"Could you twist it about degrees clockwise? This side's fuller than the front," Sydney said, Craig moved his arms from around Mickey and stood up, looking to Joey too as if they were really going to rotate the whole tree. It looked fine to Mickey. "Joe, the lights on the top, maybe a bit too much?"

Joey looked from the tree to Sydney and then over to Craig. "Okay, okay, come on. Let's go, Let's turn it around. Come on." he said, and the two moved to turn the tree, nearly knocking the whole thing over.

"Whoa, whoa! Joe, be careful." Sydney said as they watched the tree wobble, before finally getting it into place.

"Good. All right. Okay, okay,"

"Well, I have to admit, Sydney, it actually really does look better," Caitlin said, walking over to the group by the tree.

"Sydney has an uncanny eye for everything. I don't know what we'd do without her," Joey completed his girlfriend.

"Well, the Jeremiah household is just full of amazing women these days," Mr. Simpson said, as Craig wrapped his arm back around Mickey.

"That and two very lucky men," Mickey joked. Craig kissed Mickey on the cheek, making her laugh. Mickey kissed him again, as the phone rang.

        "Sorry," Craig said, kissing Mickey one last time before moving to answer the phone.

"Jeremiah residence," Craig said, answering the call. Mickey walked over to Emma and adorable little baby Jack.

"Hey, it's Manny," The person on the other end of the phone said, Mickey couldn't hear who it was or what they were saying, "Is this a bad time?"

"Sort of," Craig said into the phone, looking kind of nervous, which Mickey found rather strange.

"Right. She's there," Manny said, "Well, I just wanted to say I miss you... a lot,"

Mickey left Emma's side, walking over to Craig. "Spinner? We'll talk about exchanging gifts tomorrow. Bye," Craig said, ending the call rather abruptly.