viii. Unwanted Dinner Invites

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭.
s03ᴇ09 - ᴀɢᴀɪɴsᴛ ᴀʟʟ ᴏᴅᴅs

‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒

          Things had been going pretty good for Mickey lately, her life had been relatively drama-free since she and Craig had gotten back together. She and Craig were happy, Emma, her and Manny had made up and in the limited times she and Spinner had talked they acted as if Paige's party never even happened. And best of all Arlo had been leaving her alone since that day at the beach. Mickey's life was drama-free or at least free of drama she was at the center of, as Emma was having some boy issues.

Yeah, everything was going well until one day before school, Well Mickey was sitting on a panic table across from the school with Craig, Arlo was dropped off. Arlo started heading towards the school, when the man who dropped him off, his and Mickey's father called him back to the car. He said something to his son and Arlo sighed, turning around and walking over to Mickey and Craig. "Hey man," Craig greeted Arlo as he stepped towards them.

"hi," Arlo said, scratching the back of his head. He looked back at his father who hadn't moved from that stop, then back toward the couple. "Mikayla can I talk to you a second,"

"I'm busy," Mickey said, not wanting to talk to Arlo.

"Please," he said, looking briefly back at their dad. Mickey looked over at Craig, silently pleading that he would make Arlo go away, but he didn't seem to understand.

"I should go get the things for class anyway," Craig said, stepping down from the panic table, kissing Mickey on the cheek and heading off towards the school.

"Now that you're not busy, please just listen to me," Arlo said.

"Fine," Mickey huffed, crossing her arms over her chest.

"My da-our dad," Arlo started to say, not sure which term he should use, and the angry look on Mickey's face was not helping him feel any more sure about the matter. "He wants to invite you for dinner, tonight,"

"Excuse me?" Mickey said, her eyes widening. Why the hell would she want to go to dinner with Arlo and her father.

"I was supposed to ask you about this a week ago, but -"

"No," Mickey answered.

"Well, I tried," Arlo shrugged, turning away from Mickey and walking back over to talk to his father.

           Mickey figured that would have been the end of the discussion, but after a moment of Arlo talking to their father, he climbed out of the driver's side door and made his way over to where Mickey was sitting dragging Arlo along with him. "Mikayla, dear," her father said, sounding unsure of what he was about to say.