xiii. The Most Awful Time of the Year part I

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧.
s𝟶𝟹ᴇ𝟷𝟸 - ʜᴏʟɪᴅᴀʏ ᴘᴀʀᴛ ɪɪ

‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒

               Mickey sat on the floor in the Brooks' living room, working on wrapping the Christmas presents she had purchased. She had finally finished her Christmas shopping. She even found a beautiful new guitar for Craig, to replace his old one. She planned on giving it to him later that night when she went over to his place so they could use it in the show. Mickey heard the door to the apartment open behind her, and quickly throw the wrapping paper she was following over her gift for Jimmy that she was planning on wrapping next. Only it wasn't Jimmy who entered the apartment, it was his parents. "Oh, Good Mikayla, you're here," Mrs. Brooks say, she looked regretful and Mickey know the meeting with her birth father did not go as hoped.

"We need to talk," Mr. Brooks explained.

"Oh great," Mickey muttered, getting off the floor and sitting on the sofa. "If you going to tell me I being given over and I have to start packing my bags, I'd rather you not."

"maybe we should wait and tell them Jimmy's here," Mrs. Brooks said, tearfully.

"No, if my life as I know it's going to crash to the ground and burn, I don't want to wait to hear it," Mickey looking between the pair of adults. "So what is it?"

"Mikayla, we tried," Mr. Brooks said, but Mickey doubt he did much at all. Even though Jimmy made her feel like she did belong with his family, and Mrs. Brooks tried her best, Mr. Brooke never really put in any effort to make her feel at home.

"We did," Mrs. Brooks agreed with her husband.

"But," Mickey prompted.

"But your father isn't willing to compromise on this. He wants to escalate this to a court," Mr. Brooks explained.

"and you don't. so, if you not going to fight for me, what now?" Mickey asked the two adults.

"David doesn't want to ruin your holiday, but in the new year he will be taking over custody of you and you will be moving in her him." Mrs. Brooks said, sniffling. It was nice to see at least one of them cared about her, mickey thought. 

Mickey took a deep breath, trying not to cry. She didn't want to cry, not now. "Okay," she finally said. Mr. Brooks patted her on the shoulder to attempt to comfort her. It did not work. "Are we done her now? I have presents to wrap,". Mr. Brooks sighed, getting up and leaving the room towards his office. Mrs. Brooks whapped away a tear, apologized to Mickey, and left the room herself. Mickey sniffled, holding back tears as she got back to wrapping Jimmy's Christmas present.

‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒