vii. The Problem with saying I Love You

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐒𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐒𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧.
s𝟶𝟹ᴇ𝟶𝟽 - sʜᴏᴜʟᴅ ɪ sᴛᴀʏ ᴏʀ sʜᴏᴜʟᴅ ɪ ɢᴏ?

‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒‒

         Mickey was over at Craig's, the two hanging out in Joey's garage. Mickey was sitting on the couch watching Craig as he practiced playing his guitar, he was saying something about his music and the band, But Mickey wasn't really paying attention to what he was saying she was just watching him play, she loved watching him play guitar. He looked good playing his guitar. "So what do you think?" Craig asked, looking over to Mickey.

"What?" Mickey asked, not knowing what he had been talking about.

Craig chuckled, taking off his guitar strap and putting his guitar back on its stand. "So if you don't want to talk about that, what do you want to talk about?" Craig asked, walking over and sitting down next to Mickey, pulling her closer to him.

"Maybe I don't want to talk," Mickey said, leaning towards Craig and kissing him.

"I like that Idea," Craig agreed, kissing Mickey again. Mickey smiled into the kiss as she moved to sit on Craig's lap.

          The two continued to makeout, Craig moving them so he was laying on top of her. Mickey giggled, happily kissing him again as Craig moved to kiss Mickey's neck. Craig kissed down her neck, as his hand moved to the button on her pants. "Craig," Mickey said, moving to stop Craig. Craig pulled away from Mickey, "I'm sorry, I just- I can't we can't right now"

Craig nodded, pulling away from Mickey and sitting down facing Mickey, who pulled her feet towards her to make room for him to sit. "Okay," Craig said.

"It's not that I don't want to, I do want to, with you. I love you, but there are things like protection we need to think about first," Mickey said, rambling a little.

"You love me," Craig said. Mickey felt her face heat up, she hadn't realized she had said that out loud.

"I uh-," Mickey said, looking away from Craig and down at the flour. Mickey did love Craig or at least she thought she was in love, but she hadn't planned to say it. "Yes, I love you,"

"Mickey," Craig said, leaning towards Mickey, and turning her face towards his. Mickey wanted him to say it back but instead of speaking Craig just kissed Mickey.

"Do you-, you know?" Mickey quietly asked.

"Nah," Craig said, making Mickey's heartbreak a little. "I think you're dumb and you kind of smell," he added, chuckling a little. Mickey chuckled uncomfortably too.

"That was a joke right?" Mickey asked.

"Right," Craig agreed, kissing Mickey again. Mickey didn't kiss him back this time, she was hurt and embarrassed, she never should have pressed the matter, and now she just felt stupid.