three

╔═══°∴,*⋅✲══〖✰══✲⋅*,∴°═══╗

The Vampire Diaries: 4 x 3

╚═══°∴,*⋅✲══〖✰══✲⋅*,∴°═══╝

Coda loved everything about being a juiced-up sucker.

He was fast. The vamp speed got him to and from places in mere seconds. Vamping to the kitchen from his bed for the last cup of coffee, thus irritating his sister, was one of his favourite moves recently, especially whenever Mel went to hex him only to find she'd run out of magic.

While Coda had heard (mainly from Stefan) that newbie vampires lacked control, it wasn't all that hard on the now-heretic. Sure, everything was heightened, mainly his hatred for his parents, mostly dead siblings, and Coven-really, though it was irrelevant, but right now he was running on an all-time high.

Bloodlust, too, was not exactly uncontrollable for him, and Coda was still part human-ish, so he didn't need as much blood but was far more enhanced than any regular vampire. He had his magic-better yet, he didn't have to siphon from anything or anyone anymore, his vampirism being a direct source he'd never run out of.

Oh, and the newfound stamina did wonders for sex.

The only downside Coda had found so far was enhanced hearing. Namely, Klaus face-timing Mel for twenty hours a day, telling Mel she looked pretty like a hundred times, asking about her day, then rambling about whatever artist was on his mind before flirting shamelessly with Coda's sister. It got to one point where Coda had enough, vamp-speeding to the living room and screaming at Klaus and Mel for practically having clothed face-time sex, along with a list of colourful threats.

Mel had thrown a pillow at Coda, cheeks flushed. Klaus had laughed.

Coda had prayed that night, hands intertwined, elbows resting on his bed, knees on his carpet, that Niklaus Mikelson died. Slowly and painfully.

Coda had only been truly worried about one thing: the dark magic.

Melinoe and Malacoda had learned that spare, spare twins like themselves, while incredibly rare, in The Gemini Coven still technically had to merge. Mel and Coda hadn't. They turned 24 and still hadn't merged, so over the last two years, their magic had started to become increasingly darker. The more spells they did, the more the urge to jump headlong into the darkness they felt and murder each other.

The unmerged twins before Mel and Coda died from that type of exposure to dark magic were born with normal witch abilities, but Mel and Coda were siphons. They had managed to control themselves so far, mainly through their tight-knit bond (twins were pitted against one another since they were born in their coven, to make it easier to complete the merge), their parent's detachment and abuse, and having lost Malachai, they only had each other. Now, they had only lost control when the other was in peril. Or in Mel's case, her unofficial extended family seemed to fit the bill too.