fifteen

╔═══°∴,*⋅✲══〖✰══✲⋅*,∴°═══╗

Season 3: Episode 15, All My Children

╚═══°∴,*⋅✲══〖✰══✲⋅*,∴°═══╝

"Find anything?"

Mel looked up from the spellbook in her hands, narrowing her eyes at her younger brother who sat with a bowl of cereal in front of their TV, continuing with the 'Star Wars: Clone Wars' series.  "Y'know if you actually decided to help instead of bothering me every five seconds, we might actually find something." 

Coda waved her off, his eyes never leaving the screen. "No, I think you're doing a terrific job all by yourself." 

Mel groans, smacking her head down onto the page of her grimoire. "It just doesn't make sense. The Prison World―"

The female siphon didn't get to finish her statement as their doorbell rang. She groaned again, chucking her grimoire onto the coffee table, hopeful eyes turning towards her brother who scowled knowing what she would ask.

"Nuh-uh." Coda says, though his gaze is still intent on the animated lightsaber fight. "I answered last time. It's your turn."

"Fine." Mel grumbled, standing to her feet, and began walking over to their front door. And if Coda accidentally got smacked on the head when she threw her spellbook it definitely wasn't intentional.

The Parker girl swung open her door, frowning when she noticed nobody behind it until she looked to the floor, a small box with a bouquet of pink lillies. Mel delicately picked up the gift and the flowers, pressing her lips to her teeth when seeing her full name on the side and the same ribbon from the two other gifts she'd received from a certain Original Hybrid.

She shut her door, silently walking over to the couch, placing her flowers on the coffee table and plopped herself beside her brother. Coda took one look at the box before an amused scoff left his lips and he went back to his cereal and Star Wars. "Just fuck him already, Mel."

"Shut it." Mel hissed, eyeing her favourite flowers. 

Coda waved a hand in front her gaping face, her eyes planted firmly on the box as she gnawed at her bottom lip. "Just open it, for kriff sake."

The female siphon removed the lid of the box, finding a sketch of herself causing an inaudible gasp to leave her lips, even Coda's eyebrows shot up as he leaned over to see the drawing. Her heart clenched at the intricate drawing, a soft smile appearing on her lips as she was unable to tear her eyes away and her fingers ran over the paper, and her eyes trailed down to the small note at the bottom.

'I enjoyed spending time with you, yours Nik.'

Mel chewed on her bottom lip, eyes running over the message. "Oh."